This position requires an individual to work independently and with team members to provide administration, and design for all network requirements in multiple locations. Input in the design of future technology and evaluation of new hardware, software, and procedures. Responsibilities may include documentation, ongoing day to day support, as well as maintenance of all network infrastructure.
• Manage the physical and logical configuration of network infrastructure to ensure optimum company use of all network attached resources and connectivity with company's partners.
• Coordinating multiple projects, from beginning to end, and effectively communicating updates and results to team members and management.
• Evaluating business requirements and making recommendations on network design and hardware purchases to fulfill business needs.
• Develop and maintain written operations procedures for daily routine network management processes.
• Develop software tools and scripts to monitor and maintain the company's network infrastructure.
• Analyze and maintain performance data to optimize network utilization.
• Bachelors in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable experience.
• Over 4 years of network/systems administration experience in a large site.
• Solid understanding and experience in 10Gbps ethernet, OSPF, spanning tree topologies across VLAN's with trunked ethernets, metropolitan and long-haul ethernet services,
• Solid understanding of routing hardware and components, as well as copper, optical, SONET, and serial circuits.
• Experience in BGP administration of an Internet-connected address space,
• Experience with Checkpoint and PIX firewall administration, VPN and dialup concentrators,
• Experience in supporting the following network applications: High-volume Network Attached Storage, high-bandwidth streaming video, VoIP, and iSCSI storage.
• Experience with IOS/Cisco/Foundry Networks/HP products, preferred.
• Proficiency in scripting/programming in any of perl, python, sh, C or C++
• Experience with application layer load balancers a plus.
• Background in Linux preferred.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.