Successful applicants will be able to collaborate with our global QA, Business, Development, and Release teams to create, automate and monitor the execution of QA project plans. The QA plans are created for new development as well as the maintenance of OOCL’s enterprise system. The position is located in our Development Center in San Jose, CA. You will be responsible for working closely with both our local teams, also located in San Jose, and our offshore teams, located in Asia primarily China and Hong Kong. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated, innovative and IT-savvy team focused on delivering complex enterprise projects. We welcome your creativity and analytical skills; we look forward to receiving your application.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Working as part of an application development team to understand project business objectives, overall application design and functionality to identify test automation opportunities.
- Identifying QA Tools requirements to automate testing.Developing QA test automation scripts for use in a variety of functional and load testing scenarios.
- Creating synthetic test data for use in support of automated testing.
- Promoting the test automation initiatives, conducting training to use the test automation tools and mentoring colleagues to automate testing.
- Drafting, updating, and executing high quality test plans and test cases.Collaborating with local and remote QA, Business, Development, and Release Teams within a distributed development environment.
- Facilitating the smooth execution of test plans and resolving any issues that arise during the execution of the test plan.
- Resolving project conflicts, working diplomatically with the other business, technical, and QA teams.
- Analysing QA test results and generating QA summary reports to evaluate a product’s release readiness.
- Identifying trends in the QA results and providing recommendations based on them.
- Keeping up-to-date on latest QA tools that can be used to further improve the test automation activities.
- Evaluating the need to upgrade existing QA Tools or adapting new QA Tools that can support the development technology.
- Striving to continually improve the QA process, by offering suggestions for changes on the QA Technology, methodology and best practices.
Required Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum five years QA testing experience for large-scale web-based applications
- Driven, Developed and Maintained Test Automation Projects
- Strong knowledge in Black Box Testing and Test Case design
- Strong knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle
- Working knowledge in White/Grey Box Testing
- Working knowledge of GUI testing tool, Performance/Load testing tool, Defect Tracking tool
- QTP, LoadRunner, Rally
- Working knowledge of SQL, UNIX, Ant Scripting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exposure to Object Oriented Analysis/Design/Programming principles
- Exposure to Agile Development Process
Desirable Experience / Knowledge:
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Transportation / Shipping Industry
- WinRunner, SilkTest, Selenium, GreenHat
- Scripting in C/Perl
- Oracle SQL Developer
- Microsoft Sharepoint Portal
- Maven, JFrog Artifactory, Hudson, Nexus, GIT
- Experience with system using Oracle iAS, DB, and BPEL
- Experience with system using TIBCO EMS, BusinessWorks, BusinessEvents
- Experience with system built with Cincom Smalltalk
- Strong Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Proactive Problem Solver
- Attention to Details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – Diplomacy and Negotiation Skills
- Team-oriented attitude
- Highly motivated and Strong drive attitude
- Ability to work across time zones with remote teams in a distributed development environment
- Ability to mentor team members
- Time Management
- Change Management and Risk Assessment
Full-time salaried position with excellent benefits package.
We prefer U.S. citizens / permanent residents.
OOCL is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.