Located near downtown Raleigh, SECU is a growing financial institution committed to providing a FULL range of high-quality services for our members. We offer a challenging work environment and competitive salaries with an excellent benefit package.
We are currently in search of an experienced Systems Administrator who is able to handle tasks related to systems management and support in our Enterprise Monitoring group. This individual will be part of a skilled technical team that supports the development and management of SECU’s enterprise monitoring applications and tools.
- Configure, maintain, and operate network management systems (SNMP) running on Linux (RedHat/CentOS) and Microsoft Windows Server environments.
- Application and report development.
- Anticipate and respond to changing business/technical requirements from multiple business divisions
- Provide assistance as a level three (L3) escalation point for complex troubleshooting items.
Requirements for the position are as follows:
- A four-year degree in a computer related field from an accredited college or university.
- Proven employment as a Linux System Administrator with expert knowledge of RedHat/CentOS.
- Proven employment as a Windows System Administrator with expert knowledge of Windows Server platform (2008\2012).
- Application, maintenance, and report development; strong scripting/development experience with UNIX shell script, PERL, PHP, Python, and Windows Powershell.
- Experience with databases MySQL, and Microsoft SQL.
- Expert knowledge of TCP\IP networking and Active Directory Services.
- An understanding of network management; strong understanding of SNMP protocol.
- Expert knowledge of High Availability (HA) cluster management both Linux and Windows.
- Must have knowledge of SAN and NAS storage connectivity; OS integration and support.
- Experience with VMWare or other virtualization environment is a plus.
No relocation assistance will be provided.
**Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vet**.