Title: Senior Java Developer (CSA 3)
NetVision Resources, Inc. (NVR) is a fast growing, MBE certified technology consulting and software development firm. Based out of the DC Metro area, NVR helps clients across the nation design & develop enterprise applications using cutting edge information technology solutions. Our clients list includes the public sector (Federal, State & Local) and Fortune 2000 companies spread across disparate verticals.* To know more, please visit www.netvisionresources.com
Location: Woodlawn, MD
Duration: Long Term Contract
Education & Years of experience:
Doctorate and 10 years’ experience
Masters and 12 years’ experience
Bachelors and 14 years’ experience
Associates and 16 years’ experience
Description of Work:
- Provide development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation of complex Disability System.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and develop user interfaces/applications and conduct unit testing to ensure high quality bug free code
- Decompose business and system architecture to support clean-interface multi-team development
- Understands the business problem statement, user stories, and technical constraints
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Design and implement scalable and robust approaches to caching, security, and databases
- Develop and use web-based APIs (especially REST-based APIs)
- Implement web programming techniques and frameworks
- Ensure Section 508 Compliance
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
- 6 years of experience with Java or J2EE
- 4 years of experience utilizing one or more of the following: JEE Security, Java Batch, and EJBRoles
- 2 years of experience with JPA/Hibernate
- 1 year SOA and web service technologies
- 2 years of experience using Struts 2.0 framework
- 1 year experience writing complex SQL queries
- Must have the ability to contribute to design and architecture discussions.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point, and MS Visio.
- Must have development, design and production support experience.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience in creating design/technical documentation
- Experience in different application servers, preferably IBM WebSphere application server
- Experience in developing Design patterns and UMLs
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and tools (such as Version One, Rally, or JIRA)
- Proficient in Extensible Markup Language (XML), MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint
- Extensive knowledge of SOA principle, design patterns, application and integration architectures
- Extensive experience in Object Relational Mapping technologies like JPA/Hibernate in web service technologies
- Extensive experience with Unit Testing using Junit
If Interested? Please send your resume with all contact details Sahil Chatwal at email@example.com or call me on 703 297 8855.