Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Duration: 9+ Months
Application Engineering Manager
PS: Local candidate preferred, but a remote worker is acceptable as long as the candidate is willing to travel 50%, one week on/one week off scenario. Travel for this worker will be to Pittsburgh, PA.
Application Engineering Manage needed who will plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as architecture and engineering and development in these fields. Will compile project status reports, coordinate project schedules, manage technical project meetings, and identify and resolve technical problems. Identify and analyzes systems requirements and define project scope, requirements, and deliverables. Coordinate technical project activities and ensure all project phases are documented appropriately.
• Provide expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
• Resolve highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
• Develops, implements, and monitors information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Reviews reports of computer and hardware equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine and address problems.
• Aid in the design and development of hardware equipment and systems and/or redesign of existing systems as needed to fulfil the needs of customers.
• Responsibilities also include providing equipment functionality and capability reports to the sales force, and acting as technical liaison to the sales team.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in development or system engineer role with experience working as a technical project manager, preferably in the utility industry
• Must have Perl and/or Unix shell scripting
• Mid level Unix and Windows OS experience
• Mid level SQL experience (MS SQL, Postgres SQL, Oracle)
• Solid understanding of basic telecommunications concepts (ping, ssh, telnet, ftp, traceroute, etc.)
• General background in RF technologies
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Travel Required; must be able to travel 35-50%
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
• Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Education
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical engineering or computer sciences; or equivalent experience is required.