Magic Hat Consulting is a specialized consulting firm with a proven track record of delivering Program Management, Project Management, Business Analysis and Business Process Analysis consulting services to Fortune 1000 and mid-size companies in the Greater Philadelphia area. As a result, one of our premier client’s has a need for a Lead Business Analyst for initially an 8 month contracting position. The contract will be extended long term provided the consultant exceeds our client’s expectations.Responsibilities:
- Play a lead role in interacting with all necessary stakeholders to help define functional requirements relative to various healthcare insurance system migration initiatives.
- Define systems scope and objectives of business requirements, including documentation of requirements (i.e. use cases) and translation into system requirement specifications.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and create process flows and current/future state documentation using Visio.
- Evaluate existing business and operational flows and define the As-Is process models, then define To-Be process models for business process re-engineering initiatives.
- Minimum of 7 to 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst, including experience as a Lead Business Analyst (responsible for leading and driving the requirement gathering) on two or more projects.
- Must be able to function as the sole business analyst on a given project, leading the requirements gathering for that initiative.
- Experience as a Lead Business Analyst responsible for other Business Analyst’s deliverables is a plus.
- Strong requirements gathering skills along with extensive experience creating current and future state workflows using Visio.
- Solid understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Any experience in with systems migration and/or integration projects is a huge plus.
- Must be customer focused – meaning must be able to understand the importance stakeholders business objectives and drive the process towards achieving those objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record in working with all levels of an organization’s technical and business departments.
- Experience conducting and leading requirements gathering sessions.
- Use Case development is required; UML prototyping and diagramming experience is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, enthusiastic; and possess very strong organizational, task management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete deliverables on time and within budget.
- Any healthcare insurance experience on the payer side is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.