Are you looking for a Challenging BA work? Check us out! Due to continued growth, we are seeking talented BAs seeking a challenging technical projects.
AAMVA builds and maintains a high-performance network connecting state motor vehicle departments, federal agencies and private companies.
AAMVA’s systems process billions of transactions per year on a secure network. The software behind this high speed messaging system is built using cutting edge technology on the .NET platform.
Our role is only for business and technically savvy BAs. A Senior Business Analyst will support AAMVA's IT Division and function as a SME on our systems.
You will: Document standards, process requirements; build business process models; and write system specifications, and support the stakeholders.
- Gather business and technical requirements for new systems or changes to existing systems
- Analyze and documents business requirements / processes and communicates these requirements to stakeholders
- Conduct working group sessions with stakeholders to provide status updates, discuss requirements and address issues.
- Formulate agendas, produces meeting minutes and ensures follow-up for action items.
- Provide input into developing and modifying systems to meet stakeholder needs and develops specifications to support these modifications
- Translate high-level requirements into detail requirements suitable for software design and development
- Document requirements in the form of user stories and reviews them with the agile project team
- Collaborate with developers, testers and other project team members and serves as the primary POC for requirements clarification
- Manage requirements traceability information and tracks requirements status throughout the project
- Participate in requirements prioritization
- Review the test plans developed by the development and testing teams to ensure that they meet the requirements.
- Provide time estimates for project related tasks
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field and 8+ years of experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Eight years of progressive experience in business analysis, systems analysis and design in large-scale projects across multiple organizations
- Proficiency in writing technical documentation
- Experience in documenting business processes and requirements
- Experience with web services, UML and XML is highly desired
- Experience with agile processes for software development is highly desired
- Experience with writing user stories in agile projects is highly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Must be able to work independently and as an effective team member
- Development and presentation of briefings to stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality customer deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to capture customer requirements and develop a concept of operations based on customer's needs
- Must be able to obtain a moderate risk Federal public trust clearance. The public trust clearance process authorizes the Federal government to perform background investigation for identifying negative criminal, medical, and financial findings. It should be understood that if an offer for employment is accepted that continued employment in the position is contingent upon obtaining the clearance.
AAMVA provides a generous benefit insurance package as well as vac/sick/personal days, 11 paid holidays, and 401K match.
Interested? submit a resume!