USWired is a leading provider of IT support services and technology solutions with headquarters in the Bay Area. We specialize in providing IT Services, IT Support on premise or remote, co-lo support, IT consulting, and Cloud hosting services. We provide a unique blend of managed services and flexible service delivery to our customers. Our team is comprised of experts in infrastructure, applications, business processes, and project management. Our clients include high-tech start-ups, small to mid-sized companies, large enterprises, and local branches of well-known global titans.
At USWired, you'll work in an environment that fosters and rewards creativity and ingenuity. We're looking for bright and energetic people to complement our growing and dynamic team.
We have an immediate opening for a Windows Systems Engineer who will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day support at client sites for a wide array of customers and their operational and technology needs.
- Provide day to day support of client networks, servers, and overall infrastructure.
- Maintain our clients' IT infrastructure both remotely and at customer site(s).
- Help architect and implement a wide range of IT projects, such as high-availability, and virtualization.
- Be the escalation path for issues that desktop engineers or helpdesk staff are not able to resolve.
- Work closely with Managers, Service Coordinators, and other Engineers to meet customer service-level commitments, and provide world-class customer service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and system issues, on premise or remotely, and while on-call.
- Positively and professionally represent the face of the company to our clients.
- 4-6 years of experience with administering, configuring, optimizing, and maintaining Windows-based networks and servers.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in information systems or related field.
- Strong experience with Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Security implementation.
- Hands-on experience with routers, switches, and firewalls (Cisco, SonicWALL, Dell, Fortinet).
- Hands-on experience with heavily virtualized environments (Citrix, VMware, Microsoft).
- Familiarity with on premise and cloud based backup solutions and email archiving solutions.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision, and excellent time management.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel to local customer sites as-needed.
- CCNA or equivalent experience is preferred.
- MSCE or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Technical Certifications a definite plus.
NOTE: NO calls please. Only local applicants considered. Communicate by fax and email only.