- Triad Technology Group
- QA Manager
- mobile, testing, lead qa, qa, java, python, perl, tfs, .net, c#, qa manager
- Date Posted:
- Beaverton, OR
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- $90-120k+ DOE
- Job Length:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- 12520 SW 68th Ave
- Suite B
- Tigard, OR 97223
- (503) 293-9547
- QA Manager
- Beaverton, OR
What We're Looking For:
Seeking a Quality Assurance Manager that is passionate about software quality and technology to direct a motivated QA team. If you are ambitious about growing your responsibilities and career in QA this is a great opportunity. The QA Manager will work closely with the engineering leadership team to refine quality strategy, help allocate QA team resources and assist with implementing new test tools and processes. Additionally, you will work closely with the engineering, operations, and account management teams to ensure software releases and deliver on quality commitments. You must bring a balance of strong technical testing experience along with excellent communication and team skills.
Job Details & Skills You’ll Need to Succeed
This person will work closely with the engineering team, operations team and the account management teams to ensure product software releases are properly tested. This position requires a highly motivated individual comfortable with rapid changes in direction and a fluid environment. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, approachable, dependable & reliable with good business sense and judgment. This position requires a positive self-starter with the ability to manage & prioritize multiple concurrent projects. The successful candidate will be customer oriented, results driven (i.e. metrics oriented) and passionate about the product and ensuring they consistently release a quality product to their customers.Key job responsibilities include:
- Direct the QA team and participate in the development of test plans and test conditions to ensure the product release is properly tested. Be passionate about good planning and driving accountability throughout the team
- Drive the monitoring, reporting, and communicating test results vs. test schedule and test plans. Recommend adjustments in test execution based on software modifications made, test-results and dynamic changes in business plans,
- Embrace a continuous improvement philosophy and a proactive approach to work to drive individual development as well as overall team performance goals.
- Evaluate and help continuously improve the automated testing frameworks. Expand the use of automation frameworks to drive efficiency and better results.
- Actively contribute and work in a team of software professionals focused on the accomplishment of larger enterprise goals and milestones. Assist with troubleshooting of systems and coordinate with engineers or vendors to help solve system issues or request improvements.
- The successful candidate will be a consummate team player who will not only understand the technical details of our systems but will also understand the business needs of the customer base.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A proven track record in creating and executing on highly effective quality processes. This includes experience owning end-to-end software quality, including design and implementation of test frameworks, automated test creation and execution.
- A data driven orientation, sets and monitors clear, measurable quality goals for the organization
- An in-depth knowledge of both UI and back-end service test automation
- Innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
- Comfortable juggling the testing of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
- Able to handle an extremely fast paced while maintaining the highest quality standards
- Experience and conviction around measures to quantify software quality.
- A proven track-record of proposing tradeoffs and providing risk assessment to stakeholders
- Able to maintain composure in the face of highly ambiguous environments and constant change
- College graduate with 5+ years of experience as a Software or QA engineer.
- 2+ years of experience leading a QA team with a track record for results and continuous improvement
- Hands-on expertise in writing software test plans and test scripts, and proven experience designing and implementing software testing strategies
- Mobile testing experience with one or more of the following (Android, iPhone/iPad, BlackBerry, Windows Phone)
- Experience with complex testing environments including VMWare virtual servers, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft.Net, Microsoft IIS and SQL Server, Windows servers, and related testing infrastructure
- Experience with scrum
- Experience managing off shore resources
- Proficiency with SQL and one or more programming or scripting languages (C/C++, Java, Python, Perl)
- 2 years of experience with TFS and .Net
- Experience with automated testing tools and continuous integration/improvement
- Prior start-up/small company experience a huge plus
- Experience supervising, training, hiring, and conducting performance reviews for QA teams; experience managing offshore testing teams
- Experience with designing tools and frameworks
- Experience with performance and scalability testing, latency testing a plus
- Deep understanding of system architecture and experience with large complex distributed transactional systems.
- Experience with a number of different programming languages and test automation technologies