Are you ready to be part of a team where you are encouraged to become a Subject Matter Expert in networking and systems technologies? Are you energized by figuring out the puzzle and finding a great solution? Leading the charge of emerging start-of-the-art technologies, the System Engineering team designs, tests, implements, operates, and troubleshoots ViaSat’s Red Hat Linux Data Center environment. As a member of this team, you will be challenged every day as you work with cross-functional collaborative teams to be a key participant in the planning, design, implementation, configuration, optimization, and support of ViaSat's large scale, complex Red Hat Topology. You are flexible and can work on a rotating 24x7 technical support team. You have the ability to understand and deal with complex problems and then participate as part of the resolution team that works escalated issues while you are monitoring and maintaining application stability. You have proven success at analyzing and assessing systems architecture requirements and can determine optimum, cost-effective solutions as well as evaluate and customize monitoring and diagnostic management tools.
* BS/BA degree
* 10+ years of hands-on experience administering, monitoring, and supporting large scale Red Hat environments in addition to demonstrated experience architecting and designing these large scale networks.
* Advanced proficiency in the planning, technical expertise, and direction regarding computer and network services for both local and wide area networks.
* Solid understanding of networking protocols and design.
* US government position. US citizenship required.
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%.
Benefits: WildBlue Communications 329 Inverness Drive South Englewood, CO 80112
U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.