- Job Title:
- Senior Software Development Engineer - EC2 Server Provisioning and Management
- Seattle, WA
- Job Status / Type:
- Reference Code:
Amazon hires people from all types of backgrounds, into positions based all over the world. We recruit the best and Brightest.
Come Make History With Us!
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of our DNA. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. We do this every day by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
Senior Software Development Engineer - EC2 Server Provisioning and Management
The EC2 Server Provisioning team owns responsibility for the build automation of all EC2 virtual servers worldwide, involved in the build of all new AWS regions, and is driving new innovative ways to deliver compute services to our Customers. We are looking for talented and innovative software engineers who are passionate about working for the world’s leading cloud provider, and building and solving problems at scale. Responsibilities will include significant hands-on software development, designing, coding, and building software services to support the scale out of EC2 server provisioning services, working with other senior engineers and AWS service teams to improve service scalability and performance.
Join us in Seattle! Amazon offers relocation packages for the right candidates!
- 7+ years of hands on software development in any of these languages: Java/Ruby/C/C++
- Strong experience with backend software development
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCPIP
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Knowledge of hypervisors (such as Xen and HyperV)
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Experience with architecting high scale systems
- Experience with developing cloud technologies