- NORTHROP GRUMMAN
- Palmdale, CA
- Network Communications 2
Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Planning, risk management, project performance addressing cost and schedule.
* Develop and administers pricing quotes, schedules, and performance standards.
* Responsible for Technical/Quality aspects for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements.
* Responsible for schedule, & technical performance of tasks assigned to subcontractors.
* Responsible for Risk Management and risk tracking.
* Responsible for CDRL tracking and management of deliverables to the Government.
* Responsible for systems operating procedures for the program.
* Frequent contact with equivalent level managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications.
* Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
* Acts as an advisor to supervisors or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
* Ensure all Statement of Work (SOW) requirements and schedules are met in a timely manner.
* Provide Subject Matter Expertise in database and library data management
* Maintain software installation and configuration base line documentation
* Provide software integration and installation support
* Provide analysis and configuration control of data products and system libraries
* Provide software integration and installation support Model and simulate wide and local area networks, point-to-point systems, secure systems, signal coding and modulation schema, digital radio/communications technology and network architecture design.
* Develop strategies to effectively leverage and integrate new technologies in Customer's existing network infrastructure.
* Analyze systemic and/or network failures in the field and provide recommendations for solution to the failures.
* Perform periodic market surveys to identify emerging satellite technologies.
* Analyze and provide information on space segment lease cost, bandwidth requirements, and frequency management.
* Attend technical committees meetings as Sponsor representative and interface with vendors as required.
* Provide recommendations for improving satellite network performance.
* Identify required space segment, commercial teleports, and terrestrial communications segments.
* Identify entry/node requirements within regions to support point-to-point data/voice traffic.
* Develop frequency and transponder loading plans to meet current and near-term requirements.
* Track and report allocation metrics to include satellite power and bandwidth utilization and throughput statistics.
* Maintain standards for satellite database access control and auditing; implement database access control to allow browsing and report generation by Government and Contractor personnel.
* Develop, prepare, and organize documentation for inclusion in a commercial satellite terminal training course.
* Provide ad-hoc training support for technical instruction in satellite communications systems including informal on-the-job training for junior engineers and technicians in the theoretical and practice aspects of satellite communications.
Minimum experience 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters or equivalent extensive expertise with like systems and the inter-relationship of required disciplines.
* Professional Certifications demonstrating proficiency and qualification in the areas listed throughout this announcement accepted against requisites.
* Must be flexible, open minded and work well under pressure. Required to work independently and exercise considerable latitude in reviewing project requirements and determining appropriate responses to support the mission requirements
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
* Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays and weekends.
* Individual must be willing to work outside of normally scheduled times since this is a 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days-a-year program requiring after hours support.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
* Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
* Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
* Must be innovative, self-motivated and have an excellent attitude. Must be proactive and always utilize sound judgment, be diplomatic and establish and preserve a creditable relationship with all personnel. Technical Familiarity with the following:
* All Windows Server and Desktop versions.
* Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SQL
* Microsoft SMS and SCCM 2007
* Windows Deployment Services implementation and management
* Group policy design, testing and implementation
* File, folder, object, x.400 and x.500 security
* Unix Operating Systems and Principles
* PKI and biometric implementation and management
* Netware Directory Services
* High Availability Clustering Solutions
* Exchange design and implementation
* UNIX/Linux design and implementation
* Fiber Channel SAN mirroring solutions and implementation
* Redundant offsite storage capabilities, implementation and management
* Capable of defining objectives, planning, coordinating, and directing the activities of multi-function teams, which include financial, administrative, supply and technical personnel.
* Able to utilize management tools to monitor milestones and ensure adherence and performance to master plans, schedules and budgets.
* Capable of assessing project issues and implementing preventive programs, procedures, analyze reports, and other publications to ensure customer regulatory requirements are met.
* Knowledge of Military Maintenance/Supply and associated data systems
* Experienced working with and mentoring a cross-disciplinary staff.
* Must attain and maintain COMPTIA Security+ certification if offer of employment is extended. Candidate must possess and be able to maintain required security clearance. Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year. Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox. Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-California-Palmdale
Number of Openings: 3
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Technical Services
Clearance: Top Secret