- Parallel Partners
- Information Security Analyst
- Windows Security & Architecture, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Web Security Content Management, Authentication Services, Linux, SQL Server
- Date Posted:
- Chicago, IL
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- Direct Hire
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- Information Security Analyst
- Chicago, IL
The Information Security Analyst is the primary technical resource for the Security Officer, with 3 core functions for the enterprise:
- Monitor existing in-place security solutions to identify security breaches detected by those systems; and drive tracking, investigation, and resolution of those incidents.
- Take on responsibilities as required to execute technical work to implement new security solutions, and Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery solutions, working in partnership with other Technology teams as appropriate.
- Participate in daily operations of in-place security and BC/DR solutions, in partnership with other Technology teams as required and appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Perform (in partnership with other Technology teams as required and appropriate) the evaluation, deployment, integration and initial configuration of new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Perform (in partnership with other Technology teams as required and appropriate) the evaluation, deployment, integration and initial configuration of new Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery solutions and of any enhancements to existing BC/DR solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s BC/DR documents specifically.
- Maintain and audit up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices).
- Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
- Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review logs and reports of all in-place devices. Interpret and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity, as required and appropriate.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
Strategy & Planning:
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the Security Officer, where appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, under the direction of the Security Officer, where appropriate.
- 5+ years of experience in information technology with minimally 2 years in informational security.
- Experience with Active Directory and Windows OS security administration and architecture.
- Working technical knowledge of some cross-section of common security products and toolsets (firewalls; intrusion prevention systems; web-security content management; authentication services; etc.).
- Strong understanding of Windows server and desktop function and administration.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL Server, network file services, and data storage function and administration.
- Familiarity with software development process and practice desirable.
- Familiarity with electronic trading technologies and applications desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required.
- Certifications in security-related practices or technology is desirable.
Please check out all of our jobs at http://www.parallelpartners.com/job.php.