Title: Linux Systems Engineer
Duration: 7+ Months Contract
Address: 4411 East Jones Bridge Road, Norcross, GA - 30092
The pay rate during the contract period is$40 – $45 /hr on w2 all inclusive.
The Distributed Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to our customers. Working with Development, Product and other Engineering teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business.
Delivery of the infrastructure solution requires a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture, hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, management of the application container, as well as project technical leadership skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time.
A high degree of collaboration with Development and other Infrastructure teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will leverage a consultative approach, exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups in a diverse and talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
Job Duties – Includes primary responsibilities only
• Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering / Design
• Technical leadership for project based assignments
• Leading cross-functional project teams to architect and implement highly available Linux / Java infrastructures, and managing solutions utilizing Apache, WebLogic, JBoss, Coherence, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), WebSphere MQ, DB2 Connect
• Providing technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
• Script development for repeatable processes (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.)
• Experience utilizing a consultative approach while interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
• Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Linux and Java platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
• Experience designing, implementing and managing solutions utilizing one or more of the following technologies:
o Linux (Red Hat Preferred)
o Oracle Fusion Middleware
o Oracle RAC
o WebSphere Portal
o WebSphere MQ
• Experience in script development (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.)
• Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools including Red Hat Satellite Server, HP Server Automation, HP Operations Orchestration
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
• Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
• Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
• Ability to quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
• Ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
• Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 5-7 years of professional work experience in a related role.
ESSENTIONAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
• High organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
• Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
• Travel less than 20% of the year
Additional Skills/Certifications: preferred
• Familiarity with development models (RUP / Agile / etc.).
• Experience administering source control, build automation tools
• Infrastructure/System Engineering experience on UNIX/Linux platforms utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage.
• Development experience (this is not a development position).
"All Clients Require Employment, Background Checks & Drug Test as a Part of Pre- Employment Hiring Process"
Thanks & Regards,
Primus Software Corporation (An INC 500 Company)
Direct: 770 679 2921
3061 Peachtree Industrial Blvd|Duluth, GA-30097