The Constellation Scheduling System (CSS) Program is developing a constellation planning and scheduling system for a satellite ground station. In addition, the program is supporting the customer integrate this new system into their enterprise and responsible for maintaining and integrating new functionality in the deployed system.
The CSS Program is seeking a systems engineer with engineering, analytical, and problem solving skills to technically lead a team which includes the customer to support maintenance and development of new technical enhancements of systems engineering artifacts (requirements, use cases, algorithms, and system concept description documents) in accordance with existing program processes. The selected candidate will be expected to become proficient in running the operational software, perform functional checkouts, develop and maintain tools and provide occasional as-needed on-site customer support in Longmont, CO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Leading the design and development of new enhanced capability for the system
* Developing and maintaining the System-level requirements, System Concept Descriptions, Use Cases and Algorithm Description Documents
* Creating and maintaining system tools to perform analysis for existing system baseline, and to support new functionality to be delivered
* Participating in technical exchange meetings across with the customer
* Supporting the test organization in Test Procedure development, execution, and verification
* Running operational software to verify use case requirements and exercise threads through the system
* Creating discrepancy reports (DR) when errors are discovered and verifying DR fixes
* Support high priority troubleshooting activities during normal work hours, or during off-hours, if needed
* Reviewing customer system engineering artifacts in support of assessment of change package traffic
* Developing and/or updating truth models and truth data
* Supporting data assurance and data management tasks as required
* Providing support both at the factory and the customer site
* Completing assigned tasks to meet program schedule milestones
This position may be hired as Sr Systems Engineer II or Principal Systems Engineer, based on experience of selected candidate.
This position is contingent on funding of future customer task order.
* 6+ years of engineering experience as a Sr. Systems Engineer II or 8+ years engineering experience as a Principal Systems Engineer
* Experience with complex Satellite Ground Systems
* Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
* Ability to write scripts and tools to troubleshoot and support analysis efforts
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience as Chief Engineer
* Experience as Lead Systems Engineer for complex ground mission planning system
* Experience in mission planning/mission management
* Experience with Object Oriented concepts
* Experience with UNIX scripting languages (PERL)
* Experience with MATLAB
* Experience with database scripts and queries
* Experience with DOORS
* Experience supporting providing on-site customer support
* Experience with satellite and ground system operations
* Experience in requirement and Use Case development
* Experience conducting trade studies
* Experience developing interface definition/documentation
* Experience in technical risk management
* Experience in system architecture, integration, and/or verification and validation
* Experience in interfacing with a vehicle contractor
* Experience in algorithm development
* Experience in modeling and simulation
* Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science with 6 years relevant experience as a Sr. Systems Engineer II or 8 years relevant experience as a Principal Systems Engineer. Fourteen years equivalent experience accepted in lieu of a degree for a Sr. Systems Engineer II and Sixteen years equivalent experience accepted in lieu of a degree for a Principal Systems Engineer.
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.