- Network Data Systems
- Cisco NOC Engineer
- Cisco, Routers, Switches, Unified Communications, Call Manager, Unity, Firewalls, connectivity, NOC support, customer service, CCNA
- Date Posted:
- Schaumburg, IL
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- 50 E. Commerce Drive
- Suite 120
- Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Cisco NOC Engineer
- Schaumburg, IL
Network Data Systems (NDS) is a proven leader in IT infrastructure consulting. We are privately owned, profitable, and growing rapidly. More than 85% of our revenue comes from professional services (not hardware), which means our people are the core of our business.
Why choose NDS?
1) NDS culture. Everyone says they are employee focused. But we live it. We invest in the training and development of our employees, and we don't believe in wage freezes. The proof is in our low employee turnover and high customer satisfaction ratings.
2) Cutting edge technology in complex customer environments. Nexus, UCS, mobile computing solutions... if you love technology, NDS is a great place to be. Our customers depend on NDS to keep them ahead of their competition, which is why we're ahead of ours.
3) Growth. We've more than doubled in size over the past three years, and we're not slowing down. That means career growth and fantastic opportunities for everyone.
The NDS Managed Service offering, NCompass, provides 7x24x365 proactive management and support of our clients' infrastructure, ensuring peak performance and improving overall service levels while typically reducing operational expenses. Our clients are able to focus on their core business rather than operational support, and NDS is able to provide challenging opportunities to talented, customer-focused network support professionals.
Due to rapid growth in our customer base, NDS is once again expanding our NCompass NOC team. We are looking for engineers to work various shifts out of our office in Schaumburg, IL. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Address and resolve a wide variety of trouble tickets and customer service requests with a high sense of urgency
* Coordinate escalation of issues as appropriate, ensuring proper hand-off and timely resolution
* Manage and coordinate 3rd party suppliers (Cisco TAC, Telco service companies, customer technical support teams, etc.) from ticket initiation through resolution
* Maintain all WIKI and technical documentation of NOC processes and procedures
* Continued development of knowledge and technical skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to Cisco architecture and platforms
Qualifications for this role include:
* A minimum of two (2) years of technical troubleshooting and support experience in a NOC or similar environment
* Basic Cisco troubleshooting knowledge, including routing and switching, Unified Communications, and/or firewalls
* Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCNA-Voice, etc.) strongly preferred but not required
* Must possess a "Can do" attitude: If you don’t know the answer, you find a way to get it
* Strong analytical and learning skills. Ability to collate and interpret data from various sources
* Exceptional phone-based customer service skills, as well as strong overall verbal and written communication skills
The starting salary for these positions depends largely on experience and certifications. We expect all NCompass employees to continue developing their careers through performance and study. In return, we strive to provide a strong, long-term career path that provides both financial and professional rewards.
All candidates must be local to the Chicago, IL area, and must pass a drug test and criminal background investigation prior to starting.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Nicole Scharenbroch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this doesn't sound like the right opportunity for you, but you know someone who is qualified to join this team, please forward this information to them today!