The Peoplesoft HRMS Support Specialist performs operational and Tier 3 level support for production applications in a range of business portfolios. Responsibilities involve the daily management of incidents, operational maintenance and support, development support, and proactive/preventative analysis of systems.
The selected candidate must have Peoplesoft application experience as well as the ability to demonstrate very strong business knowledge, understanding of key business processes, products and services. Also, the Peoplesoft HRMS Support Specialist is required to demonstrate strong Relationship Building capabilities with Business stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Re-create, analyze, troubleshoot, and provide diagnosis of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications and/or platforms.
* Determine root cause of incidents (configuration vs. defect).
* Liaise with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents.
* Install applications in supported environments.
* Deploy application upgrades and fixes.
* Respond to automated alerts on the health of systems.
* Execute scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications.
* Perform routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status.
* Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
* Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving calls in a timely fashion.
* Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
* Share Independence Business Knowledge; give guidance, training and leadership to Team members.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years in Application Management, Development/Operational Support environment/discipline.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 server O/S.
* Demonstrable Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of web platforms such as IIS, WebSphere, etc.
* Experience with HR and Self Service PeopleSoft modules.
* In depth knowledge of SQR, UNIX/LINUX Shell Scripting.
* Experience with Peoplesoft 8.9 and 9.0.
* Experience with F-Secure, Control-M batch job scheduling tool.
* General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts.
* In depth knowledge of Oracle 10g, 11g Databases.
* App/Web Server experience.
* In depth knowledge of Peoplesoft Tools such as Application Designer (People Code Component/Page/Record, Application Engine, Component Interface, Data Mover, Workflow).
* Experience supporting applications in shared or virtual environments.
* Unix/Linux and Security
* Ability to read and understand code (Code-competency) for diagnosis, escalation to tier 4 teams.
* Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
* Knowledge of Stored Procedures, SSIS and Data Transformation Services.
* Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts.
* General knowledge of SQL2000 and In-depth knowledge of SQL2005/2008.
* Familiarity with SQL DBMS interface and integrated tools.
* Proven ability to create simple queries, running pre-defined scripts, configuration, security, and interpreting logs and traces.
* Demonstrable knowledge and familiarity with T-SQL or PL/SQL.
* General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
* Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours.
* Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
* Ability to meet agreed deadlines, with demonstrable Productivity (Incident Completions etc.)
* Required to work in a virtual and culturally diverse environment.
* ISEB Certificate in Application Management Essentials, preferred.
* MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional, preferred.
* ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, preferred