- Principal Developer - Host Applications Development - Houston, TX(Information Technology)
- Access, Analysis, Analytical, Application, Applications, Architecture, BASIC, C, Component Design, Developer, Development, Engineering, Excel, Foundation, IBM, IDE, IIS, IT, J2EE, Java, Lifecycle, Management, Networking, Object Oriented Programming, OOP, Packaging, Programming, Project, Quality, Release, Scientific, Software, SQL, SQL Server, Supervision, System, Systems, Testing, Web, Web Servers, WebSphere
- Houston, TX
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
Principal Developer - Host Applications Development - Houston, TX(Information Technology)
Now taking off:Your career.
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are, you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.
Equal Opportunity Employer by Choice.
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's plans/policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
The Principal Developer - Host Applications Development plays a Critical role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Principal Developer's role is to lead the efforts to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of Inventory, Reservations, Airports, Ticketing, Reservations, Fares and Links functionality. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. The Principal Developer is highly experienced and has decision-making authority. The Principal Developer is self sufficient, requires no direct supervision, and mentors/coaches others. The Principal Developer has extensive knowledge/experience across multiple technologies and business areas.
* Leads the design, development, and planning for solutions and technology standards to solve complex business problems.
* Ensures that systems are properly integrated.
* Works with business, support, or development teams recommending system enhancements.
* Consults across multiple United Information Technology projects and technology areas to perform troubleshooting, problem management, root-cause analysis, and solution implementation.
* Serves as a resource for technology/project development review and technical assessments.
* Ensures that the technical solutions meet the customers' business goals
* Provide consultation and technical leadership in project life cycle planning.
* Takes the lead in analyzing, creating, and designing a technical solution based on project requirements.
* Ensures consistency and coherence to the enterprise standards and guiding principles throughout the application lifecycle.
* Identifies opportunities to leverage/influence the direction for existing infrastructure and application components.
* Keeps abreast of industry trends through benchmarking, participation in professional associations etc. in order to advise others of strategic technology direction.
* Provides feedback to the enterprise technology owners and Architects regarding future solution needs.
* Understands and applies the enterprise vision and strategy to the project solution while balancing tactical needs to deliver.
* Partner with various business and IT stakeholders in defining domain architecture strategy.
* Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of application architecture and architecture constructs as it connects to the enterprise architecture
* Demonstrate mastery of the application of development domain areas and multiple technologies and tool set
* Demonstrate mastery of software engineering best practices such as: versioning and versioning control, software packaging and software release management
* Demonstrate mastery of development methodologies, software design and design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles.
* Representation of assigned project solutions at Architectural Review sessions
* Main focal during Crises
* Accountable for the successful technical deployment of major initiatives.
* Directly mentors individuals as well as small teams of developers to improve overall team capability through multiple methods.
* Provides initial project staffing recommendations and adjustments
* BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field required
* Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP).
* Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer,
* Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
* Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
* Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
* Working knowledge of underlying operating systems platforms and basic networking tasks.
* Working knowledge/experience in developing applications in:
* Java/J2EE, Web Servers
* C#.Net, SQL Server, IIS
* Working knowledge/experience in development tools:
* eClipse IDE and SVN Source Control
* Visual Studio and Team Foundation Services
* Business Acumen
* Creativity & Innovation
* "Big Picture" Thinker
* Effective Communication (verbal + written)
* Understands Technology systems & applications
* Vendor Management
* Exceptional at coding and on time delivery of quality components and or applications
* Exceptional at component and unit testing of following standard practices and methodologies
* Exceptional utilizing the technologies and domain knowledge with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
* Exceptional at working problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors
* Exceptional at triage or analysis of situations for production support
* Excel with on time delivery with minimal supervision
* Effective verbal and written communicator
* Effective participant of requirements gathering, requirements analysis
* Excel at applications and component design following a prescribed architecture and
* technology footprint
* Proficient at architecting small systems following the prescribed technology policies or architectural footprint
* Proficient at working problems of high complexity, medium size scope
* 7+ or more years of experience in application design, development, installation, modification; depth; industry exp.; project mgt.; structured design, development and implementation of new computing architectures
* 7 or more years of experience in Object Oriented programming development in Java/J2EE and/or C#.Net
* Preferred Hands on experience with IBM Websphere products
* 3+ years in Industry preferred
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with United's policies is required DICEUAL
Department: Information Technology
Now taking off: Your career.
With the right qualifications, attitude and commitment, there's almost no limit to how high you can go..It is no wonder we are thriving in the culture we helped create, one that encourages new ideas and rewards performance.
United Airlines prides itself on treating its employees well and offering them a wide array of benefits and privileges. Depending on the length of service and position, domestic benefits and privileges include travel passes, a profit sharing plan, on-time bonuses, a perfect attendance program, a stock purchase plan, a retirement plan, medical, dental, vision and life Insurance, and a 401(k) savings plan.
If you have high standards for your professional life, United Airlines may be the place for you. High standards are what we are all about - high standards of service for our customers and high standards of care for the employees who make us great.