Including the POSITION ID CSPHA-256 Progressive AS400/RPG Programmer Analyst in your email response is CRITICAL to the successful routing of your resume.
The Programmer Analyst’s role is to participate in the development and maintenance of application software primarily using the RPG programming language on an IBM iSeries platform. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and Implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Install software products for end users as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong experience with ILE RPG, related iSeries development languages and tools
- Strong large relational database experience.
- Moderate embedded SQL skills.
- HATS web interface, Rational developer IDE, MQ messaging, and QSH experience desired.
- Must be able to work independently on individual development tasks as well as collaborate on team projects.
- Any experience with .Net, Java, etc… a plus
- Experience in developing and maintaining SDLC processes and procedures
- Ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment must take initiative to find answers and seek resolution.
- Ability to effectively resolve most difficult disputes and business challenges using highly refined functional, partnering and leadership skills
- At least six years work experience in iSeries RPG application development and ma
Please include the POSITION ID CSPHA-256 Progressive AS400/RPG Programmer Analyst in your response. Including the jobs posting id is CRITICAL to the success of routing your resume.