Remilon is a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. We own and operate EducationPortal.com, which is the destination for millions of students to improve their grades and earn college credit. Education Portal offers self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in high school and junior college. Our team has built these courses from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we post record profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Lead QA Engineer Position:
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to build and lead a QA team while helping to grow our culture of quality throughout the development process. This is a hands-on leadership role where you have the opportunity to champion product quality in a fast-paced development environment.
- Develop an agile QA and release process with quality metrics, best practices and comprehensive test automation
- Build a best-in-class QA team of exceptional quality engineers
- Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Developers to create test cases based on user stories
- Execute test cases, identify and communicate defects, and monitor resolutions
- Establish a feedback process with developers for continuous quality improvement and defect prevention
- Participate in group scrum and sprint development cycles
- At least 5 years of experience in Quality Engineering with at least 2 years leading and mentoring a high-performance QA team
- 3+ years experience in testing high availability, consumer-facing, database-driven web applications
- Hands on experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, HtmlUnit, JMeter
- Deep knowledge of white/black box testing methodologies with hands-on experience
- Experience with cross-browser testing and knowledge of common issues in different browsers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and possess strong analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- Experience applying comprehensive QA in a continuous delivery environment
- Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux
- Exposure to online marketing, search engine optimization and lead generation
- Familiarity with tools such as JIRA , Maven/Ant, Jenkins/Bamboo/TeamCity
- Experience with SOA and testing component-based architecture
- Knowledge of application development frameworks, such as Spring
- Paired programming and agile software development experience
Why work for Remilon?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 6+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments