Our client is seeking a software QA engineer that is passionate about software quality and wants to help take our testing to the next level. Join a team of bright engineers working with the latest .NET technologies to create cutting-edge software that helps Fortune 500 companies grow.
Our client has built a collaborative environment of professionals that have a strong technical depth, great programming skills and passion for quality. We are determined to create an environment where our employees are valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated to provide our customers with the best software and services in the industry. The individual will work with the team to identify and implement practices to ensure the software performs as expected and will be an integral part of all team deliverables. This is a fast paced, high energy environment that rewards independent thinking, team orientation, and creative problem solving.
Job Details & Skills You’ll Need To Succeed
This person will work closely with our QA, release management and engineering teams to create test scripts, execute tests, and communicate test progress and issues. This position requires a highly motivated individual comfortable with rapid changes in direction and a fluid environment. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, approachable, dependable & reliable with good business sense and judgment. This position requires a positive self-starter with the ability to manage & prioritize multiple concurrent projects & be a key "asked for" member for our QA team. The successful candidate will be customer oriented, results driven (i.e. metrics oriented) and passionate about our product and ensuring we consistently release a quality product to our customers.
Key job responsibilities include:
- · Work closely with release management and engineering to understand product enhancements and how they will impact our customers.
- · Write, execute, and refine tests during the development process.
- · Analyze and decompose software systems and design appropriate test strategies.
- · Discuss requirements/designs and participate in development meetings with an emphasis on requirement/designs completeness and test coverage.
- · Assist our Customer Support team and Account Managers with difficult problems they cannot resolve.
- · Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of team; generate and propose solutions.
- · Provide guidance and support while mentoring other team members
- · Take ownership of the quality of the product being shipped.
- · Communicate test results vs. test schedule and test plans.
- · Actively contribute and work in a team of software professionals focused on the accomplishment of larger enterprise goals and milestones.
- · 2 to 7 years of experience creating test scripts, executing tests and communicating progress and issues for an enterprise software product.
- · Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and a general passion for QA technology and practices. Must have motivation, drive and excellent problem-solving skills.
- · Experience with source control and issue tracking systems.
- · Ability to comprehend complex system architectures and find creative approaches to testing them.
- · A QA professional with desire to advance their skills in QA
- · A keen analytical and structured approach to problem solving and testing.
- · Ability to write effective test scripts from product requirements documents
- · BS/BA degree or equivalent industry experience.
- · Prior start-up/small company experience
- · Strong bias towards customer orientation and results
- · Understand, analyze and provide feedback on user requirements.
- · Execute tests, trace test results to requirements, report defects and follow these to resolution on time.
- · Courage to report disappointing results with facts when required
- · Clarity of thought and word when communicate testing status
- · Proficiency with MS SQL. Have the ability to write complex queries and analyze data.
- · Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment a plus.
- · Experience working within a fast-paced Agile/SCRUM system.
- · Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail.
- · Knowledge of and a history of adhering to best testing practices.
- · Experience with performance and scalability testing, latency testing a plus
- · Experience with large complex distributed transactional systems.
- · Proficiency with HTML or scripting languages (Python, Perl) preferred