Synechron, Inc. is seeking a Senior Ab Initio Designer/Architect for a financial application project.
Synechron is a recognized leader and expert in building business value for global financial services and Fortune 500 companies. With offices in USA | Canada | UK | Netherlands | UAE | India | Singapore | Hong Kong | and Japan, we provide strategy, architecture, BPM, design solutions and professional services for the implementation of enterprise level data warehouses, data delivery and transactional systems. Our clients include JP Morgan, Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Bank of New York Mellon Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays, ING, Credit Suisse, AIG, American Express, TIAA, Citigroup, GE, BP, CIBC, and Goldman Sachs, to name a few. Our staff of 4000+ employeesincludes industry-recognized and published experts in Enterprise Architecture, Information Management, Data Warehousing, Integration Architecture, Web Services and Business Intelligen
- Hands on, strong working experience of 8+ years using Ab Initio across as many features of the Ab Initio toolset including GDE, EME, Data Profiler, Continuous Flows, Management Console, ACE BRE, Conduct>IT to a minimum of v3.0
- Clear and demonstrable scenario based understanding of which Ab Initio components to use for given scenario
- Deeper understanding of core Ab Initio concepts related to day-today use of all AI components
- Clear demonstrable understanding of PDL and Metaprogramming and its situation based usage/applicability
- Usage of different lookup strategies and which one is most suitable in given scenarios e.g. ICFF, Dynamically loaded lookups etc.
- Situation based experience of maximizing on all forms of Ab Initio’s parallelisms especially in a given context.
- Best strategies for Ab Initio interaction with Database – especially with Oracle - optimal load strategies, DB components layouts and its implications, DB queries with HINTS and its implication in Ab Initio etc.
- Experience of how to write efficient Ab Initio code (XFRs, DMLs, Expressions, Pkgs etc) to begin with.
- Well versed with various performance optimization techniques within Ab Initio, including how to measure/benchmark performance of Ab Initio graph to understand its CPU and Wall Clock Time
- Awareness of various runtime Ab Initio logs and ability to parse/read those on-demand basis driven by situations
- Experience of creating re-usable frameworks/graph and complete experience in related paradigm e.g. PSETs.
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring 100% compliance with Dependency Analysis in EME and awareness of how to address various scenarios that could potentially break “Dependency Analysis”
- Understands concept of “Flow Programming” when it comes to implementing solutions using Ab Initio.
- Understands importance of metadata management for Ab Initio based solutions and possesses a clear understanding of Ab Initio’s technical metadata and its constituents.
- Strong unix shell scripting skills – especially with AWK, SED and advanced techniques therein
- Experience of working with Plans – Ab Initio’s Conduct>IT
- Desired – Experience of Continuous Flows and how to work with various message formats e.g. XML format and so on
- Advocate on best design strategies for Ab Initio solution.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrable logical thinking
- Clear experience of design and development work on high volume systems
- Deep and demonstrable experience of involvement with the delivery of multiple large scale Ab Initio programs
- Ability of produce detailed and crisp design documents which can be easily hand over to set of developers to complete build
- Ability to review existing graphs and provide improvement suggestions/review comments
- Leadership qualities in order to guide developers through the build phase.
If you are interested in this role please do mail us the latest word copy of your resume along with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.