Brooksource is searching for a .Net Developer to join a team of Software Engineers who are developing internal applications across all business sectors. Under general direction, this individual will devise or modify procedures to solve complex ?problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, ?operating time, and form of desired results. Participate in design development, coding, testing and debugging ?new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Work ?with technical staff to understand problems with software and ?develops specifications to resolve them. Resolve customer support tickets ?and enhancement requests within enterprise set Service Level Agreements (SLA). Software Engineers will be involved in the entire Systems Life Cycle and will be responsible for coding, testing, maintaining, and supporting application software.
What we’ll be looking for you to do…
- Develop/Support/Maintain internal applications utilizing .Net programming languages (VB.Net & some C#) as well as web based applications using WCF.
- Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for coding, testing, maintaining, and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop basic solution designs under the direction of senior team members.
- Independently determine root cause of problems with software and resolves them.
- Has experience in systems analysis, design and an intermediate understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Write unit tests to demonstrate accuracy of solution. Consistently implements automated tests, where appropriate, for all types of code structures.
- May review source code of others and provides feedback on possible logic errors or standard omissions.
Other Key Competencies include:
- Provides estimates for small to medium maintenance tasks or projects.
- Understands and follows all established policies and standards.
- Understands solution development tools and how these tools can be used to achieve results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of system components and integrations.
- Actively pursues personal development. Provides as needed training to other developers or team members.
- Technical Experience including:
- Strong VB.NET and some C# knowledge required
- Strong UI / ASP.NET experience is required
- Strong SQL knowledge is required
- Knowledge of automated testing (unit tests)
- Knowledge of WCF
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of application designs (creating/interpreting)
- Some DB2 is desired
- Stays current on technology trends, emerging technologies and development practices.
- Engages in technical advancement opportunities within the team, such as lunch and learns, book reviews, and pertinent certifications.