Looking for an exceptional Principal Data Warehouse Analyst to join a leading Business Intelligence software company in San Francisco. You will work on implementations and maintenance for a group of customers. You will be responsible for the technical aspects of the customers' success. You will also be driving premium support and services business. No travel is required.
• Analyzing customer’s Business Intelligence product configuration & troubleshooting issues with data architecture, modeling, reporting and dashboards.
• Troubleshooting Star schema and Snowflake design models
• Resolving data modeling issues for customers.
• Troubleshooting and resolving complex SQL scripting issues.
• Troubleshooting application and database event logs, system Backup & Recovery, application Load balancing/clustering
• Managing multiple incidents & problems while working in high visibility situations
• Contributing to our Knowledge Base Articles.
• Identifying and promoting opportunities through product improvements, training, online support, and self-service.
Skills and Experience
• 5-7 years of experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools (Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE, QlikView)
• 5-7 years of experience in SQL with common RDBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres etc.)
• Ability to write and debug complex SQL
• Experience data modeling for data warehousing- star, snowflake schema designs
• Exposure to ETL, Data Integration tools (Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, DataStage, Data Integrator, SAS) is a plus.
• Knowledge of high availability & performance tuning techniques in SQL Server Administration is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science
• Excellent analytical problem-solving skills required.
Team lead experience is a bonus.