Do you have a knack for being able to articulate complex technology concepts and product offerings, to both technical and non-technical users? Do you thrive off of your ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people and clients? Are you looking for a creative technical career that enhances your talents, polishes your skills, and allows you to work with a fun yet motivated team? If this rings home, you are exactly the type of individual that we'd love to join the Dataprise team!
Dataprise, Inc. is a leading information technology services provider, ranked as one of the world's Top 15 Managed Service Providers (MSP's) and was selected by The Washington Business Journal as a 2013 Best Place to Work. Our goal at Dataprise is to deliver the highest level of on-site network support, carrier services, and cloud services to small and medium-size businesses.
We are searching for an enterprise-level Senior Project Manager to provide strategic consulting to our base of more than 650 small to medium sized clients in the DC Metro Area. The ideal candidate has strong hands-on technical experience across Microsoft platforms with a keen business sense and exceptional customer service/client-facing skills.
Here are the position responsibilities:
• Run complex projects from design and development to production.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively apply Dataprise methodology and enforce project standards.
• Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Minimize exposure and risk to Dataprise on projects.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Manage project budget.
• Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project.
• Manage overall transition of all new clients into the Dataprise support agreement.
• Complete initial network assessment of all assigned clients based on industry best practices.
• Create, review, update, and enhance network documentation.
• Work to stabilize critical risks identified through the initial assessment.
• Develop a strong understanding of how a client uses or could use technology to grow its business.
• Develop, present and advocate for a series of recommendations designed to help the client stabilize their network and grow their business.
• Work with operations to identify the appropriate primary engineer and ensure a smooth transition from the ramp up team to the operations team.
• Serve as technical escalation point for engineering staff.
• Work with technical managers to identify and resolve persistent and lingering issues.
• Identify resources needed to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure timely communications and updates are provided to all relevant parties.
• 4 + Years of IT Infrastructure/Network Project Management experience, as a technical lead in Enterprise Level (1000+ seats) Environments.
• 7 + Years of hands on experience supporting and managing Windows based systems like Active Directory, SCCM, Office 365, Exchange Server, and Small Business Server.
• 3 + Years of hands on experience supporting and managing virtual technologies VMWare, Microsoft Virtual Server, Citrix XenServers.
• 4 + Years of experience with network technologies like firewalls, routers, switches, IPS/IDS.
• 4 + Years of experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN’s) with EMC, Equallogic, Hewlett Packard, and Dell.
• Experience designing, deploying, and trouble-shooting SharePoint highly desirable and preferred.
• Experience designing, deploying, and trouble-shooting Citrix highly desirable and preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods and managing cross functional teams.
• Ability to provide level 3 support as needed to the team.
• Ability to serve as the Virtual CIO to SMB businesses and provide high level strategic consulting to clients.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
• Skilled at resolving problems and conflicting situations.
• Technical certifications focused on Microsoft SCCM, VMware, Lync, and Sharepoint highly preferred.
• ITIL and/or PMP certification desired.
• Ability and willingness to travel (nationally) 25-50% of the time required.
If you're a responsible, self-directed, determined problem solver looking for an engaging career -- explore the potential of an amazing technical position at Dataprise. The next step is to reply with your resume and cover letter - including salary requirements - in MS word format or PDF. If you are determined to be a good match for this position, a Dataprise Recruiter will be in touch with you shortly thereafter.
Dataprise, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.