Do you have a knack for being able to articulate complex technology concepts and product offerings, to both technical and non-technical users? Do you thrive off of your ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people and clients? Are you looking for a creative technical career that enhances your talents, polishes your skills, and allows you to work with a fun yet motivated team? If this rings home, you are exactly the type of individual that we'd love to join the Dataprise team!
Dataprise, Inc. is a leading information technology services provider, ranked as one of the world's Top 20 Managed Service Providers (MSP's) and was selected by The Washington Business Journal as a 2013 Best Place to Work. Our goal at Dataprise is to deliver the highest level of on-site network support, carrier services, and cloud services to small and medium-size businesses.
We are searching for an enterprise-level Senior Project Manager to provide strategic consulting to our base of more than 650 small to medium sized clients. The ideal candidate has strong hands-on technical experience across Microsoft platforms with a keen business sense and exceptional customer service/client-facing skills.
Here are the position responsibilities:
• Run complex projects from design and development to production.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively apply Dataprise methodology and enforce project standards.
• Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Minimize exposure and risk to Dataprise on projects.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Manage project budget.
• Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project.
• Manage overall transition of all new clients into the Dataprise support agreement.
• Complete initial network assessment of all assigned clients based on industry best practices.
• Create, review, update, and enhance network documentation.
• Work to stabilize critical risks identified through the initial assessment.
• Develop a strong understanding of how a client uses or could use technology to grow its business.
• Develop, present and advocate for a series of recommendations designed to help the client stabilize their network and grow their business.
• Work with operations to identify the appropriate primary engineer and ensure a smooth transition from the ramp up team to the operations team.
• Serve as technical escalation point for engineering staff.
• Work with technical managers to identify and resolve persistent and lingering issues.
• Identify resources needed to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure timely communications and updates are provided to all relevant parties.
• 4 + Years of IT Infrastructure/Network Project Management experience, as a technical lead in Enterprise Level (1000+ seats) Environments.
• 7 + Years of hands on experience supporting and managing Windows based systems like Active Directory, SCCM, Office 365, Exchange Server, and Small Business Server.
• 3 + Years of hands on experience supporting and managing virtual technologies VMWare, Microsoft Virtual Server, Citrix XenServers.
• 4 + Years of experience with network technologies like firewalls, routers, switches, IPS/IDS.
• 4 + Years of experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN’s) with EMC, Equallogic, Hewlett Packard, and Dell.
• Experience designing, deploying, and trouble-shooting SharePoint highly desirable and preferred.
• Experience designing, deploying, and trouble-shooting Citrix highly desirable and preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods and managing cross functional teams.
• Ability to provide level 3 support as needed to the team.
• Ability to serve as the Virtual CIO to SMB businesses and provide high level strategic consulting to clients.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
• Skilled at resolving problems and conflicting situations.
• Technical certifications focused on Microsoft SCCM, VMware, Lync, and Sharepoint highly preferred.
• ITIL and/or PMP certification desired.
• Ability and willingness to travel (nationally) 25-50% of the time required.
If you're a responsible, self-directed, determined problem solver looking for an engaging career -- explore the potential of an amazing technical position at Dataprise. The next step is to reply with your resume and cover letter - including salary requirements - in MS word format or PDF. If you are determined to be a good match for this position, a Dataprise Recruiter will be in touch with you shortly thereafter.
Dataprise, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.