Title: Senior Backup Recovery Engineer
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Address: 4411 East Jones Bridge Road, Norcross, GA - 30092
SENIOR BACKUP RECOVERY ENGINEER:
The Senior Backup Recovery Engineer is responsible for the installation, implementation, and ongoing management of the backup infrastructure for both distributed and mainframe products. This position reports to the Enterprise Backup Recovery Director and is part of a dedicated backup team that works closely with other engineering teams to provide technical support for all backup management-related activities. This individual may also act as a liaison to other departments, representing the backup team on all technical matters related to storage management. This position requires a background in backup solutions and SAN management, with a demonstrated ability to design and implement solutions, manage change, and add backup policies in a large-scale, mission-critical, multi-TB storage environment. Strong organizational and communication skills are necessary. A strong background in designing, implementing, and supporting disk- and tape-based storage infrastructures is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
Job Related Experience:
• 5-8 years’ experience required.
• Requires a strong technical background in industry standard (SAN and NAS) storage technologies, with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments.
• CommVault backup product experience is required, as is a strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems and architecture.
• Experience in an e-commerce environment is strongly desired, as is a working knowledge of networking protocols and components
• Experience in performance, tuning, and capacity planning
• Experience with proactive monitoring and automation
• Vendor management
• Project management and excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
• Experience with the EMC family of storage products would be a plus.
• High organizational skills
• Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
• Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
• MS Office skills especially word and excel
• Travel 25% to 30% of the year.
"All Clients Require Employment, Background Checks & Drug Test as a Part of Pre- Employment Hiring Process"
Primus Software Corporation (An INC 500 Company)
Direct: 770 679 2921 Fax: 770-234-4163
3061 Peachtree Industrial Blvd|Duluth, GA-30097