Experience, Skills and Certifications:
Experience operating in a diverse IT environment
- Proven “hands-on” experience in building and operating a high quality IT infrastructure with heavy emphasis on Windows server, virtualization, network storage, backup technologies and cyber security.
- Proven experience in operating within a change management and internal controls
- Experience in engineering and deploying virtual / enterprise servers, cloud based services, thin client technologies, network and workstation / desktop infrastructures with a strong focus on consistent maintenance and operating procedures, capacity planning and security best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with operations and implementation including storage, server and virtualization strategies and security technologies.
- Ability to implement group policy, automation scripts or system maintenance/monitoring automation to improve uptime and reduce support.
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows 2008R2, Windows 7, VMware ESX 5.x, NetApp or comparable SAN storage technologies, Cisco solutions
- Current certifications in Microsoft, VMware, NetApp, Cisco, HP & Dell server technologies preferred, MSCE and or current MCITP certification a plus
- Scheduled night and weekend work possible.
- Willing to travel (less than 20% travel)
Specific Duties include:
Installs, configures, modifies and maintains workstation, server and storage hardware, software and patches; provides server support related to business applications and other software.
- Ensures high levels of performance for mission critical server systems and business applications.
- Develops and manages processes and procedures for backup, archive and restoration of company files and applications in accordance with company’s data retention standards.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse in accordance with Company’s IT internal controls.
- Coordinates and participates in various IT activities, including end-user support, support on projects, audits, service level agreements, system configuration documentation and process development.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Stays current with technological developments in system administration and recommends ways for the company to take advantage of new technologies.
- Thrive in a project oriented environment
- Quickly identify and resolve end user support issues
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Wide knowledge of networking and systems
- Eager to learn new technologies and share knowledge with others on the team
- Able to prioritize work load
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Work on projects through completion
Great company to work for with great benefits !