FilmTrack is now accepting resumes for qualified Web Application Engineers. Qualified candidates will have programming experience with a strong focus on designing online database driven applications using the Microsoft .NET platform. FilmTrack is primarily a specialty product company, so experience designing products, multi-tenant applications, or other multi-deployment systems is highly desired. Prior experience working in a team coding environment on full software development lifecycle projects or systems that have gone into or are currently in live production is desired.
Job responsibilities will entail collaborating with executive team members, designers, customers, and account management personnel to develop robust web-based applications to service the needs of movie studios, independent film distributors, production companies, and others in the entertainment field. Projects will include developing new applications, updating, refactoring, and maintaining existing applications, implementing web designs, assisting with server and infrastructure maintenance when needed, and being a substantial contributor of ideas and talent within the organization.
Qualified candidates will possess:
* At the minimum, 3-5 years of relevant experience.
* Professional experience with ASP.NET 3.5.0 and later (C# experience preferred) and the .NET framework that includes actual experience wiring databases to forms and websites, ideally
through object based data layer mechanisms and multi-tier systems.
* Experience working in team based, source code controlled environment with Sourcegear (or an equivalent control system such as SourceSafe, etc.).
* Experience building a database-driven website.
Ideal candidate may also have:
* Experience with third-party controls suites such as Telerik or Infragistics.
* Experience building e-commerce solutions.
* Experience writing XHTML compliant sites, Flash and Actionscript, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Flash server, streaming media, and other useful web technologies.
* An understanding of SQL syntax, the ability to write scripts and/or stored procedures without use of a visual designer, an understanding of basic database design concepts including table design and the entity-relationship model, and some experience using management studio tools for deployment and backup of SQL Server databases.
* Excellent coding practices, including understanding of documentation and testing practices, good communication skills, and the ability to gather requirements from users and stakeholders.
* General knowledge of IIS, deployment of web applications, web security, and general web server operation and administration in a Microsoft server environment.
If you have great chops and are interested in working for an exciting dynamic market leader, please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of site links and/or designs for consideration. Cover letters should address your skill level and experience in the afore mentioned areas, level of interest, salary requirements, and contact details.
We will not consider resumes submitted by third party agencies (offshore or domestic), candidates needing relocation assistance or candidates not able to provide valid work authorization without sponsorship.