Position Title: Business Analyst
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Exostar is a leader in secure cloud-based solutions that improve identity access management, collaboration, and supply chain management for regulated industries. Founded in March 2000, Exostar was established by BAE Systems, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheron and Rolls-Royce to streamline and better secure their supply chain ecosystem. In 2014, Merck joined the founders to simplify and secure intellectual property (IP) exchange in the life sciences industry utilizing Exostar's solutions.
Today, Exostar works with over 100,000 organizations in more than 150 countries worldwide. Exostar's combination of technical innovation, customer intimacy and a commitment to maintaining security at all levels has made us the preferred partner for companies that need to:
- Increase policy compliance and protect IP
- Streamline the partner information sharing lifecycle
- Reduce costs and facilitate innovation
- Implement powerful analytics and reporting to track business processes
- Mitigate supply chain cybersecurity, financial, and sustainability risks and improve efficiencies across all phases of their value chain
The Security and Collaboration Business Analyst (BA) will capture and document business requirements in support of program defined requirements. These requirements may be general product focused or customer specific. The BA will also work with Product Management, Development, Support, Technical Operations, and Quality Assurance to develop the specifications that evolve Exostar services in support of customer requirements. These deliverables may include detailed description of the functional and business requirements and proposed technical design, as well as, develop roadmap and future-facing services.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business and Functional requirements (Software Requirements Specification), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs,
- Strong analytical and product skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Strong team player with an intense focus on customer success
- Masters flexibility with attention to details, and commitment to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience developing requirements in support of SharePoint deployments is preferred
- Experience working with SharePoint is preferred
- SaaS or Cloud service experience
- Well-developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player and/or work independently required
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive required
- Ability to adapt and work in a progressive, dynamic, changing environment required.
- Bachelors (4yr) degree or 5 years of experience in a similar position
As much as 20% in support of customer projects
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed in providing equal employment opportunity for all person in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.