Exostar was created to leverage the power of the internet technologies and network-centric models to enable secure, efficient collaboration across enterprise domains. Originally founded in 2000 to support the complex supply chain and security requirements of the global aerospace and defense industry, Exostar designs, develops, operates and supports a portfolio of products and services deployed in our Trusted Workspace environment and connected to a community network of over 40,000 companies worldwide.
We are seeking a Collaboration Business Analyst to capture and document business requirements in support of program defined requirements. These requirements may be general product focused or customer specific. The BA will also work with Product Management, Development, Support, Technical Operations, and Quality Assurance to develop the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) that provides detailed description of the functional and proposed technical design.
- Elicit functional and technical requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs, and Software Requirements Specification (SRS)
- Strong analytical and product skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Strong team player with an intense focus on customer success
- Flexibility, attention to details, and commitment to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Background Check required
- Experience in devleoping requirements in support of SharePoint deployments is preferred
- Experience working with SharePoint is preferred
- SaaS or Cloud service experience
- Well-developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive required
- Ability to adapt and work in a progressive, dynamic, changing environment required
- 30% travel
Minimum education: Bachelors degree or 5 years experience in a similar position
Exostar is an Equal Opportunity Employer