Position Title: Business Analyst
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Exostar is a leader in secure cloud-based solutions that improve collaboration, information sharing, and supply chain management for over 100,000 companies worldwide, including some of the largest players in aerospace and defense, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and financial services. Our secure, cloud-based, single-sign-on identity and access management platform and our multi-enterprise collaboration solutions allow users to connect once and access all their critical applications and information across the spectrum of partners and vendors they work with.
The Healthcare Security and Collaboration Business Analyst (BA) will capture and document business requirements in support of Healthcare program defined requirements. These requirements may be general product focused or customer specific. The BA will also work with Product Management, Development, Support, Technical Operations, and Quality Assurance to develop the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) that provides a detailed description of the functional and non-functional requirement and proposed technical design.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business and Functional requirements (Software Requirements Specification), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs,
- Strong analytical and product skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Experience in Healthcare
- Strong team player with an intense focus on customer success
- Flexibility, attention to details, and commitment to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience developing requirements in support of SharePoint deployments is preferred
- Experience working with SharePoint is preferred
- SaaS or Cloud service experience
- Well-developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player and/or work independently required
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive required
- Ability to adapt and work in a progressive, dynamic, changing environment required.
- Bachelors (4yr) degree or 5 years of experience in a similar position
As much as 25% in support of customer projects
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed in providing equal employment opportunity for all person in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.