If you are looking to work in a large, stable, profitable, well-funded, Los Angeles based company, 99¢ Only Stores is the place for you! 99¢ Only Stores is a multi-state, extreme value retailer with nearly 13,000 employees. The Company has over $1.3 billion in annual revenue. We sell all items for 99.99¢ or less, including a wide variety of brand name and private label food and beverages, health and beauty aids, household goods and hardware, stationery and party supplies, toys and much, much more! 99¢ Only Stores is headquartered in the City of Commerce, CA, a few miles south of downtown LA. From our first store opening in 1982, the Company has expanded to over 300 stores in California, Arizona, Nevada and Texas.
The IT Process Manager, Merchandise Planning & Category Management is a key team member responsible for strategic roadmap planning, business process analysis and high-level requirements gathering within the IT Business Process Enablement Team (BPE). This individual will have a working knowledge of retail best practices as they relate to merchandising and will work closely with the Buying and Merchandise Planning organizations.
The Process Manager partners with the leadership team to define and deliver the short and long range merchandising strategic initiatives. In addition, the Process Manager will lead the development and production of other project related documentation including roadmap timelines, benefits rationalization, charter level requirements and high-level process design. The Process Manager is responsible for ensuring completion of all his/her analyst deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints, as well as:
- Use proven interview techniques to elicit accurate and well defined business requirements.
- Drive the IT Strategic goal alignment process and develop strong business cases, cost benefit analysis, and initial project funding estimates in partnership with the business sponsors
- Be able to capture unique, detailed, and complex requirements in written form within the context of existing Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and PEM (Process Enablement Management) methodologies.
- Be able to effectively use MS Office products (Visio, Word, PowerPoint) to develop and communicate strategic themes, longer-term plans and critical business issues and dependencies
- Partner effectively with the Merchandise Planning organization to define and build capabilities in category management process and reporting.
- Provide IT support within the process improvement initiatives for all key functional areas of Merchandising; Buying, Pricing, Assortment, Presentation/Space, Planning and Reporting.
- Develop a forward-looking (2 to 3 years) Merchandising portfolio and facilitate periodic reviews with senior leaders to help prioritize the work load based on strategic, financial, foundational and compliance considerations.
- Apply the Process Enablement Methodology in conjunction with the Systems Development Methodology to the analysis of business needs, documentation of requirements and translation into process improvements and system specifications. This would include the following deliverables:
- IT goal alignment matrix and summary
- Project requests / justifications and project charters
- RFPs / RFIs and vendor scorecards
- Business and functional requirements; use cases; process and data flow diagrams
- User Acceptance Test scenarios, cases and test scripts
- Training and change management materials
- Build and manage high performing team of business analysts (mentoring, training, succession planning)
- Provide input into the SDLC and PEM methodologies and processes
- Manage stakeholder relationships and expectations and assure overall customer satisfaction with programs and projects.
- Conduct post implementation reviews to assess project delivery and benefits against project goals and budget.
- Facilitate communication, presentations and demonstrations to all levels of management within the company.
- 10+ years Retail Management with demonstrated process improvement experience and 3 to 5+ years of IT experience.
- Application package experience with tier one Merchandise Planning / Reporting software preferred
- Application Package experience with ERP solutions (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Familiarity with process analysis tools/methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, SCOR
- 5+ years consulting / professional services experience is a significant plus
- Direct retail operations / business experience and/or the equivalent domain experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Ad-Hoc reporting experience with Business Objects analytical tools
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and inspire teams
- Ability to balance strategic (long range) planning and tactical decision making
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related degree preferred
- General understanding of the broader retail operations and supply chain (Product Management, Pricing, Purchasing, Order Mgt, and Inventory & Cost Mgt) and Merchandise Management, Distribution Operations and Store Operations is a significant plus
- Demonstrated ability in successfully delivering large-scale, multi-million dollar projects
- Goal oriented and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: RUP, Rational Rose, UML, Quality Center or other business process mapping tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the enterprise including senior-level executives, business users, developers, and warehouse staff
- General understanding of Organizational Change Management methodologies and tools
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Superb problem solving and organizational skills
- Expertise with MS Office and Project / Portfolio Management tools
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Background Check: 99¢ Only Stores conducts drug screening for all selected applicants as well as a thorough background check that includes a review of credit, criminal, and motor vehicle history, confirmation of education and employment history. Only direct candidates' resumes will be accepted for this position. No phone calls or agencies please. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. Others, please do not contact this job poster about other services or products. EOE