Manager, Application Development
The Application Development Manager will work with leaders across the firm to ensure that Information Technology strategically supports our firms goals and objectives. The Manager will report to the Director of Application Development and have direct management responsibility for a small group of full-time employees and contractors.
The ideal candidate for the role should possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum of 10 years related experience; 5-10 years doing direct software development coupled with 2-5 years managing and leading teams of Software Engineers
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field preferred
- Experience architecting and leading the development of complex applications by applying expert level C#, .NET and SQL skills
- Must have the breadth of experience, personal maturity, interpersonal skills and diplomacy to interact effectively with all levels and functions across the organization; proven ability to intelligently articulate complex technical knowledge to business users
- Relevant hands-on technical experience across the entire software development lifecycle, including software migration projects with data conversions, software and interface testing, database development and management, reporting systems, and document/information management systems
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget, as well as maintain and manage existing applications and business initiatives
- Experience developing, delivering and supporting applications using a variety of Agile methodologies with exceptional organizational, time management and project management skills
- Investment management firm experience with Back Office Systems is highly desirable
Relocation assistance will be available.