Senior Java Developer
Strong, stable and growing Internet Company is look for a strong senior developer who will have a prominent role in the organization and the technical direction it goes in.
- Develop and enhance functionality on the consumer-facing web site and back-end tools and APIs.
- Develop and enhance intelligent search algorithms.
- Work with Hadoop, Hive, Lucene, Solr, Memcache and other bleeding-edge technologies.
- Play a prominent role in building the companys social marketing and mobile platform initiatives.
- Participate in project planning sessions with product management and technical team members.
- Participate in functional design specification reviews and work with technical team members to determine technical design approaches.
- Estimate timelines for development tasks.
- Develop expertise in the application and technical infrastructure and ultimately become a subject matter expert.
- Mentor and lead junior team members in Java and object oriented programming best practices.
- 4+ years of Java/J2EE web application development, on a high traffic, Internet site
- 4+ years of application development experience
- Strong understanding of Java 6, Servlets 2.4, JSP 2.0, JDBC, and SQL
- Understanding and experience with common design patterns, such as MVC, Factory, FaÇade, Delegate, Builder, Template.
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, Log4J, Ant, JSTL
- Understanding of a J2EE compliant application server
- Ability to design and implement scalable and maintainable software.
- Familiarity with object/data caching frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Spring JDBC Template or Hibernate
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Hadoop
- XML and Web Services/REST
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with multi-tier architectures
- Experience with thread programming