Why is Avanade a great place for a Microsoft .NET Developer in New York to build a career?
1) Avanade's amazing ongoing 80 hours of paid training and MSFT certifications for each of our full-time consultants, every year
2) Work with MVPs and other subject matter experts: our consultants hold one of the highest concentrations of Microsoft expertise in the world
3) #1 MS partner worldwide in certs for: .NET Framework, Application integration, Application Platform Optimization, Customization, and Custom Development
4) 20 earned Microsoft Gold competencies, more than any other MS partner worldwide
5) ComputerWorld Best Places to Work 2013, Training Magazine Top 125 for 4 years in a row, and more
Learn about Avanade's Microsoft Application Development practice:
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals.
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate.
- We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and as individuals.
Join Avanade and become a part of a superior, cutting edge consulting organization helping build reliable, scalable enterprise solutions for some of the world's best organizations.
Additional information can be found at http://www.avanade.com/careers and click this video to see more:
Avanade .Net Architect – Group Manager Level, New York
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
As a Group Manager, you will be a champion for solutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of application design and development. Your focus will be architecting, developing and testing mission critical enterprise solutions and implementation of custom application development and selection using the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, BizTalk, Business Intelligence, SharePoint, Office 2007 and other advanced components of Microsoft technology.
You will provide professional consulting services on major enterprise initiatives utilizing the Microsoft Framework including web services, enterprise portals and mobile applications. You will employ management, technical and planning skills by participating in large projects. You will improve your abilities to think creatively, design solutions, and interact with customers. You will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property as we employ Microsoft Technologies to create a dramatically more personal, integrated computing experience.
You will design, deploy and test solution components within environments of medium to large size and complexity. And, you will:
- Develop components of the technical solution for RFPs
- Attend pre-sales meetings
- Work with the customer to understand change requirements and make the appropriate recommendations
- Contribute to managing the financial aspects of the project by providing accurate reporting and ensuring that the team works within the financial guidelines
- Develop and maintain effective customer and user relationships
- Develop components of the technical solution proposal
- Be involved in Marketing/PR initiatives
- Participate in the assessment of the customer environment and their requirements and documents results properly
- Develop technical specifications based on functional requirements
- Perform tests according to a given test plan and documents results
- Perform basic support and debugging in test and production environment
- Identify and escalates problems
- Maintain and repair existing applications
You will have excellent communication skills with hands-on experience working on component based applications in a distributed environment
3 to 8+ years as an architect/programmer
3+ years demonstrated advance proficiency in the following:
- .NET Framework
- QA & Testing procedures
- C#, Visual Basic .NET
- Microsoft SQL
5+ years demonstrated advance proficiency development methodologies
3+ years technical lead or management experience
Demonstrated ability to lead consultants in various project work streams
Demonstrated project experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables
Proven ability to understand a customer's needs
Developed technical requirements based on business imperatives
Ability to travel 80% of the time to the customer location
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
You will have demonstrated strong knowledge and advance proficiency in the following:
- Commerce Server
- Content Management Server
- BizTalk Server
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.