Premier Hegde Funds is seeking Technical Production Support Analysts and Engineers to assist in the production support and upkeep of a world class financial / trading application environment. Technology is at the core of the business and the Technology Support Analyst / Engineer is a key driver when it comes to make things happen. They are required to work closely with the business and must be diligent, operate well under pressure and attach to the value of enabling and evolving the departments on a day-to-day basis. The Alanyst / Engineer will have the experience, conceptual intelligence, and drive to maintain a world-class 24 x 6 support function. The Technology Support Analyst / Engineer will interact with a wide array of stakeholders across business and technology. To be successful in this role, the Technology Support Analyst / Engineer will need to provide, and have a passion for excellent support and a willingness to tackle and drive evolution against hard problems.
- Incident Management - Troubleshoot and resolve complex incidents across a broad range of in house and vendor applications
- Problem Management – Identify, analyze, understand, prioritize and resolve recurring points of pain to business and operations
- Change Management - Assess impact, coordinate, facilitate and gate keep changes being made to the production environment
- Disaster Recovery – Defining and executing Disaster Recovery plans
- Onboard New Services – Define requirements, track and onboard new applications into the production environment
- Project Delivery - Identify and deliver projects to bring improvements to the production environment in terms of stability and functionality
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a technology background, has exposure to engineering or development but has also played a role in supporting complex and critical technology solutions. We are looking for people who like solving problems, are goal oriented and are willing do whatever it takes to complete projects. Technology Support Analysts / Engineers must be technical, creative, careful and able to multitask. They need to operate with a clear head, have excellent judgment and know when to ask for help.
- Bachelors degree in a Technology, Mathematics, Scientific or Engineering based discipline PLUS 5 years of relevant experience OR Masters in Technology, Mathematics, Scientific or Engineering based discipline PLUS 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience supporting (trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving) critical process within a diverse and complex portfolio of both home grown as well as third party applications
- Knowledge of support engineering as a discipline and familiarity with key support tools (monitoring, scheduling, alerting)
- Strong technical skills and experience with SQL (ideally Microsoft SQL Server), Windows o/s, .Net and power shell (or similar scripting tools).
- Articulate and able to communicate effectively under pressure with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels.
- Strong service orientation and affinity for continuous improvement
- Grace under pressure, combined with paranoia/high responsibility. Imagine a nuclear power plant or an emergency room employee.
- Good common sense/judgment and problem solving skills, including seeing multiple possibilities and knowing when to get help.
- Fast processing speed. Need to keep up in a fast-paced, cerebral environment, and engage effectively.