ComResource is a business technology solutions provider that focuses on understanding how technology should be used to improve business processes. We work closely with our clients to thoroughly understand their business goals and how they can use technology to obtain those goals. Our Professional Services division is seeking QA Analysts for clients in Columbus, OH.
- Responsible for creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and the development and execution of test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Participates in planning and directing quality assurance schedules and assignments, and monitoring project status in comparison to cost/time projections. Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects. Documents all phases of QA process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ability to readily apply quality assurance methodologies.
- Familiar with common tools and techniques to provide estimates for testing activities based on understanding of business requirements, solution design, and system capabilities.
- Understands and defines all scenarios and test cases to satisfy each functional requirement for the application being tested.
- Documents, updates and organizes all testing materials according to defined procedures.
- Conducts execution for application and joint testing, including all scripts for the various applications, documenting all defects and re-testing.
- Defines and tracks quality metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts by working closely with the development team to ensure that all defects are brought to resolution prior to deployment.
- Assists in managing technical priorities and change management processes including understanding and documentation of change order testing impacts, and assessing the QA hours in facilitation of change order process.
- Is capable of communicating with business and technical personnel at any level including client presentations and demonstrations.
- Minimum three years experience in Quality Assurance, Testing, and/or Development
- Understanding of UI Testing
- Rational Test Tool experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team building skills and qualities that promote a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Local candidates preferred No Corp-to-Corp arrangements H1B sponsorship is NOT available