We are looking for a Data Architect who will be assisting in the design of data models, warehousing architecture and data/system solution architecture. This role participates on multiple, technically complex, mission-critical, and/or high-profile data projects or initiatives simultaneously. The Architect must possess a broad and deep understanding of challenges with data management in large enterprises, design and delivery experience in full lifecycle of data (sourcing from multiple source systems using ETL, defining data quality KPIs, constructing and implementing data quality rules, logical and physical data modeling, analysis of loading into data warehouse, building reporting data marts and constructing BI reports). S/He must possess strong project leadership skills including primarily the ability to make sound data architectural recommendations.
This is a 12 Month Contract Opportunity.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 8+ years of experience with Enterprise Data Architecture, Solutions Designing, Data Analysis and BI solutions delivery
- Ability to create robust, scalable, sustainable data architecture that supports requirements and provides for expansion given budgetary constraints and availability of data and skilled resources
- Understand advanced architectural principles of Enterprise Data Warehousing including modeling concepts and architectural principles applied to Enterprise Data Warehousing
- Experienced in using various types of dimension hierarchies: classification, construction, and variation including the creation & deployment of star and snowflake schema and in-depth and full life cycle experience in Enterprise Data Warehousing life cycle
- Must possess a thorough understanding of advanced data modeling techniques (physical and logical), star schemas, data warehouse methodologies (Star, Snow, Kimball, Inmon, and etc.) and ETL strategies
- Excellent understanding of a Teradata architectural principles, data integration, and Teradata data warehousing
- Solid experience in Teradata utilities (BTEQs and data load utilities like Fload, Mload, Tpump, TPT etc.) and loading data from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata warehouse
- Skilled in conducting Data Analysis, Data Profiling and Data Discovery on disbursed operational source systems
- Proficient in development and documentation of complex Enterprise Data Warehouse data sourcing and transformation requirements
- Expert level communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills, problem solving and analytic skills
*** Please contact Neal@212.993.8010 ONLY and ONLY if you are a candidate that matches the skill sets required - ALL others MUST apply through DICE ***
*** ANY CALLS FROM RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL RESUME HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE DICE POSTING ***