In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write History. Join the healthcare information technology team at one of the Bay Area’s Top Workplaces in 2013 that’s turning drug data into drug knowledge used by thousands of hospitals; the majority of U.S. health plans, retail pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers; and millions of healthcare decision makers throughout the world. Partnering with our major information system developer and healthcare institution customers, you’ll help evolve leading-edge thinking into reality and make a measurable difference in improving human health.
We’re looking for people who are: Intelligent. Productive. Committed. Willing and able to go above and beyond. Passionate about making a difference. Innovative. Energized. And want to play an essential role in a successful company’s continued growth.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write History.
The First Databank (FDB) is currently seeking an Entry Level Software Developer in the Software Development department. The Software Developer plays a critical role in developing, maintaining, and integrating application software sued throughout the healthcare information systems, healthcare institutions, retail pharmacies, and other healthcare decision makers.
This position will be based out of the Indianapolis, IN office.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of application software, and tier II support
- Codes, defines criteria and performs testing, debugging and documents and maintains programs
- Understands and utilizes the methodologies, policies and procedures to support the use of inheriting objects and modifying base components to maximize development time and consistency
- Diagnoses and isolates application software problems; formulates and implements effective solutions considering system capacity, limitations, time requirements, and desired results in order to resolve system problems and prevent reoccurrence
- Estimates amount of work effort required to complete tasks
- Works closely with team members to understand IT business requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions that are in compliance with architectural blueprints and business strategies
- Knowledge of software development life cycles and the activities that occur within lifecycles
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Agile Development Methods
- Web Services Development
- Web Application Development
- Microsoft C#
- Java JDK
- Team Foundation Server
- Major Relational Database Development / Management
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- SQL Server Enterprise Tools
- Eclipse or other Java Development Tools
- Requirements / Use Case Analysis Tools (Enterprise Architect, Other)
- Major RDBMS
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 2008R2
- Preferred applicants will have at least 1 year of related Software Development experience.
- Motivated and driven individual looking to grow with in the Software Development field
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Works well to collaborate with others within teams
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- 0 - 5 years of IT work experience, more than 1 year of Software Development related experience preferred
FDB (First Databank), part of the Hearst Health network, is the leading provider of drug knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise medication-related decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide, FDB enables our information system developer partners to deliver a wide range of valuable, useful, and differentiated solutions. As the company that virtually launched the medication care guidance category, we offer more than three decades of experience in transforming drug knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that improve patient safety and healthcare outcomes.
We value Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Creativity. In 2013, our offices in South San Francisco and Indianapolis were named Top Workplaces by The Bay Area News Group and the IndyStar. FDB offers competitive salary and extensive benefits – including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
FDB (First Databank, Inc.)
As an equal opportunity employer, First Databank supports and promotes the talents and contributions of all. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.