Digital Technology Solutions (DTS) is currently seeking a Windows Systems Engineer ( IIS ) for our Direct Client. This is a Long Term Contract position and we are looking for someone to start at the earliest.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 6 months plus (High possibility of extension)
Interview: Phone followed by In-person
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Engineer and deploy web & application products built on the Microsoft stack, including Windows Server 2003 (IIS 6.0), Windows Server 2008 (IIS 7.0 or 7.5) and Windows Server 2012 (IIS 8.0 or 8.5).
- Troubleshoot and support operations such as corporate web sites, SFTP sites, ticketing system sites, test management suite and SMTP services and back end Application Services.
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
- Troubleshoot and debug performance, configuration and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Manage and support product integration services with multiple business partners, including real-time web services and batch processing.
- Work with Operations management to analyze, plan and develop the run-book automation related to the software deployment processes and supporting infrastructure.
- Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
- Establishing and implement configuration management program and policies.
- Develop deployment scripts on a lifecycle automation platform for the orchestration, integration and automation of build promotions and software releases.
- Manage and control the continuous release promotion cycle (manually short-term, through automation long-term) including the following environments: development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, capacity testing, staging and production.
- Excellent knowledge of implementation and deployment of web applications on windows IIS servers.
- Detailed knowledge of hardware load balancing scenarios.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows operating systems and tools.
- Basic conceptual knowledge of SCM (software configuration management)
- Experience working in a virtualized environment (e.g. VMware)
- Detailed Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Detailed knowledge of PowerShell & VBScript.
- Basic conceptual knowledge of the System Center Product Suite with an emphasis on SCOM.
- Working knowledge of web services, web application development, MS SQL Server, MSMQ, and multi-tier application systems.
- Knowledge of software configuration, source control, and build engineering, scripting and system administration is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to assess and clearly communicate technical and project risk.
- Mastery of English with strong verbal and written skills is a necessity.
Please forward your updated resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Ruth Sehgal at 248-438-5258.