Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 6+ Months contract to Hire
Application Programmer Analyst
Application Programmer Analyst
Looking for 4 Application Programmer Analysts to supplement the application support team. Will be supporting live applications and there will be no new development involved.
Candidates must be in Jacksonville or able to work in Jacksonville.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- .Net (C#)
- IIS (Internet Information Sever)
- SQL Server
- Windows Server
Works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
• Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
• Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated applications development experience with at least one project as the application development technical lead on a “large” project (i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than 4 months).