SENIOR IT SUPPORT AND OPERATIONS ANALYST
Position: This position’s primary responsibility is to provide exceptional technical support for the firm’s portfolio managers, Investment Teams, operational staff, and executives who are located in, or travel through, the San Francisco offices. In addition to supporting the day-to-day technology needs of each of the offices, this position is critical to achieving a key principle: ensuring that our portfolio managers and their teams experience an environment in which they can thrive. In coordination with the broader IT Support, Infrastructure, and Engineering Teams, this person may be on-call 24x7 to support our most senior value creators as they operate from a variety of locations including any of our offices, their primary residence, and as they travel globally.
In addition, this person will act as a trusted liaison with the greater technology organization, providing pro-active ideas and resolutions for the staff and offices supported. Demonstrated thought leadership and effective collaboration across the IT department may lead to expanded IT operational and leadership responsibilities. Infrequent travel to our other offices may occur.
• Develop and maintain a sense of ownership as it relates to the effective use of technology among the three primary offices
• Through a high degree of flexibility and contextual understanding, provide an exceptional level of support for each office.
• Possess the aptitude and determination to go “above and beyond” in support of the most senior value creators.
• Creatively and consistently work with engineering and support teams to ensure that tested and approved technologies and processes are professionally implemented.
• Initiate, monitor, and respond to help desk tickets for primary clients and clients from all locations as needed and when available.
• Organize and execute in an opportunistic environment with effective decision-making based on incomplete information.
• Keep current with the latest technologies and best practices with regards to IT support and operations.
• Demonstrated 4-8+ years of experience in providing exceptional hands executive support with a variety of end-user devices such as Microsoft desktops and laptops, smartphones, Apple devices, printers, etc..
• Demonstrated experience in making the seemingly complex technologies feel rather simple and thereby developing a trust that extends through the IT organization.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities while meeting demanding deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, document, and communicate support focused processes in collaboration with other technology teams.
• Outstanding and effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills. Previous management experiences a plus.
• Previous Financial Services experience desired. Experience with Bloomberg, Factset, and/or other Investment tools a plus.
• Self-starter; ability to work independently.
• Experience with a Help desk ticketing system.
• Microsoft certifications a definite plus.
• Computer Science Degree preferred.