Job Summary & Responsibilities
This role forms part of the Enterprise Systems Management team under Global Services Engineering pillar. The successful candidate will be required to architect, engineer and automate Systems Management Infrastructure that serves the entire firm. The candidate should be well aware of Config Management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Saltstack, Nagios, Hadoop, OpenTSDB, Kafka as well as well versed in Python/Perl along with Unix internals and architecture. Incumbent should be able to act as the engineering escalation point to take ownership of escalated issues and resolve them. The successful candidate will work as part of a global team and be one of the primary contacts for Americas across Enterprise Systems Management products set. Incumbent will be responsible for driving standardization, adhering to development best practices as well as driving architectural direction. Build toolset as needed in support of the platform and reporting there off. The individual must be highly motivated and be able to work independently under pressure, face-off to clients and work within a global context.
• Design, develop, test and implement Systems Management tools and its supporting infrastructure
• Development of products and systems to enable automation around Systems Management and help improve efficiency
• Provide application lifecycle support for Systems Management Platform with continuous focus on improvement and performance measurement.
• Act as an engineering escalation point for the support team
• Understand the regional dependencies and drive the regional requirements
• Meet security and regulatory requirements as part of the design and rollout on Config Management infrastructure and its supporting toolsets
• Lifecycle management of Systems Management infrastructure including but not limited to Systems Mgmt application and all its supporting toolsets
• Build and maintain relationships with various technology and business organizations in the firm.
• Contribute to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing standards, solutions, and tools.
• Local change management and incident management representation for Autosys and its supporting toolsets
• Interface directly to the local client base, executing their requirements within a global framework.
Basic Qualifications (mandatory)
• 6+ years of experience as a Perl/Python Systems Management Engineer working with Chef/Puppet/CFEngine/Saltstack/Nagios/Hadoop & unix systems administration skills
• Strong Unix Administration skills
• Expertise and experience implementing Enterprise Software Solutions on Unix platforms.
• Expertise with Linux and Windows OS platforms and Perl, Shell Scripting and Python.
• Good understanding of Networking concepts
• Strong analytical skills required
• Highly self-motivated and ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, including good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Systems or Configuration management framework is an advantage but not a must
• Understanding of NoSQL technologies, specifically Cassandra is preferred but not a must
• Java programming experience
• Experience supporting 10000+ servers a plus