CMS Architect responsibilities include defining, assembling and presenting all technical deliverables and work products.
CMS Architects would also be responsible for managing a technical team through the design, implementation and testing of the complete enterprise solution and will typically coordinate with other discipline leaders (Creative, UX, Optimization, etc.). Candidates must be comfortable leading technical workshops and meetings, as well as presenting and defending analysis findings to key business, marketing and technology stakeholders.
Candidates must be experts in solution architecture definition, object-oriented design and object-oriented programming. They must have experience across a range of CMS platforms, particularly open-source solutions, and be able to lead the selection, recommendation, technical design and back-end development for a new CMS implementation.
Candidates must also be proficient with standard development tools, including ANT, Maven, Hudson, JUnit, as well as popular IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA. Candidates must have full SDLC experience with at least one major CMS platform (preferably several platforms). Proficiency with open source frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring is also required.
Must have a proven track record delivering enterprise solutions for Fortune 500 companies. They must have IT consulting experience, be familiar with a team approach to execution, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel.
• Work effectively with the client management team to identify, estimate, prioritize and resolve issues
• Act as technical lead on complex engagements that contain multiple threads of development
• Provide strategic guidance and technical oversight during an engagement
• Work with the client's business, marketing and IT departments to define an enterprise-wide technology approach that encompasses multiple systems and various integration points
• Translate the client's business requirements into systems design
• Lead product selection initiatives
• Estimate time frames and quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects
• Manage a team of developers, assisting with hands-on coding where necessary
• Assist/mentor junior developers
• In addition to billable client work, assist with pre-sales and sales opportunities, including RFP responses, architecture assessments and technical qualifications
Required Experience / Skills
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or a related field
• Must have 8+ years of technical experience in systems integration/development
• Completed at least seven full professional software engineering projects across multiple platforms
• Experience with a major content management package, such as Interwoven, Sitecore, CQ5, Drupal, EZ Publish, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of one of the following application development platforms (Java/Java EE, .NET, Ruby on Rails, PHP)
• Extensive experience with software design fundamentals and design patterns
• Strong enterprise integration experience
• Computer networking and Unix fundamentals
• Detailed understanding of traditional waterfall and agile software development methodologies, including (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, Lean Software Development, etc.)
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures and Web Service architectures
• Experience with open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Velocity, etc.
• Knowledge of Internet security and strong experience in architecting secure applications
• Significant experience with tuning and refactoring code, and assessing the impact of architectural decisions on performance and scalability
• Experience with application servers and packages from major vendors (Oracle, IBM, JBoss, Tomcat)
• Experience with relational database modeling, advanced SQL queries/procedures, and object-relational mapping frameworks
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills
• Experience creating presentations and technical design documents
Nice to Have
• Experience in multiple industries, including financial services, insurance, media and healthcare
• Experience with major search vendors (FAST, Autonomy, Google, etc.)
• Experience with major analytics packages (Omniture, Google, etc.)
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.)