Position - Data Architect
Location - New York
Duration – 12 months +
The Senior Data Architect for the Telematics initiative is a Subject Matter Expert for all Data Sources incorporated within the Telematics Project. S/he is responsible for defining logical to physical attribution, modeling, data casting/transform and the ability to incorporate data from the multiple sources to deliver the end result Vertica based data model and data mart which will deliver BI reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Data Architect must have extensive industry experience in data modeling, best practices and standards.
- Work as Senior Technical member of cross-departmental teams on multi-platform database development.
- Analyze data across multiple sources to design and document logical and physical data models, and maintain the Telematics Reporting data mart.
- Gather and define data requirements based on specific application Business Requirements.
- Define conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Prepare normalized models and dimensional models.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
- Minimum 8 years experience of data architecture with one or more of the following: Teradata, Vertica, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing conceptual, logical and physical data models, data dictionary maintenance, and metadata management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in dimensional data modeling and business intelligence tools.
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in Hadoop based data staging, large data association and correlation.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent SQL skills for complex data analysis and data quality assurance.
- Exceptional data modeling skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Experience designing and implementing large data retrieval processes, billion+ recordset association and aggregations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with large teams.
- Demonstrated Ability to communicate and gather requirements from the Business.
- Ability to partner with enterprise architects, business architect, analysts and development team to deliver rapid iterations of complex solutions .
- Client facing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project organization, planning, vendor management and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and follow up on unfinished business.
- Teradata, Vertica, Oracle, Hadoop.
- Comprehensive understanding of Data Warehouse design principles.
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve complex data integrity issues.
- Subscription-based industry experience preferred.
- Vertica or Teradata Certification preferred.
Chief Manager - Strategic Sourcing
Marlabs Inc.| One Corporate Place South | Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 732.694.1000 X 1460 | Mobile: 732.306.6684 | Fax: 732.676.7992 Nrc.naidu@Marlabs.com
Marlabs is committed to environmental conservation. Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.