Inviso increases our clients’ bottom lines through a unique combination of Strategy and Operational Consulting, Business Intelligence and Marketing. We help our clients develop and clarify their business strategies, dissect and analyze their business data, and create behavior-changing marketing solutions. We are an entrepreneurial, agile organization with a broad range of business experience and talents and a laser focus on adding value to our customers. We are headquartered in Bellevue, WA, with locations around the world.
Inviso offers traditional BI solutions to our clients while rapidly advancing in the areas of Win 8 UI Style mobile applications, Big Data, and cloud solutions. Our projects range from smaller scale data-driven web-based applications to Enterprise scale applications requiring real-time high capacity data streaming and event management. We are looking for a solution architect to join our rapidly growing Business Intelligence team and assist in solving a wide variety of new and exciting technical challenges.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in many categories. They should have hands on experience with both Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies, have been a technical leader in multiple projects, experienced with Software development Life Cycle methodologies (including Agile), and have performed a variety of roles in project life cycles. The job essentially entails performance of various responsibilities in the course of a project. The primary responsibility is the development of technical systems solutions in consultation with clients, program management, engineering, and operations. This position involves describing the behavior and structure of a solution, describing the solution, and the process of delivering it. The job also involves delivering solutions of a given problem within a given period of time; though this task is owned by project managers the solution architect shares in the responsibility. The solution architect will report to and work with the BI Engineering Director of Engineering to establish strategic direction in engineering processes and technologies for Inviso.
- Investigate new technologies and make recommendations regarding appropriate usage
- Create modeling diagrams such as system, data, infrastructure, etc.
- Review requirements and functional specification documents for clarity, completeness, and implementation challenges
- Investigate and design system solutions
- Provide input to Account Management on estimates for statements
- Create technical documentation
- Contribute to technical reviews – by ensuring accuracy of design to requirements and implementation with regard to the design
- Customer Engagement Management as a technical resource from pre-sales through deployment
- Contribute to technical standards and process improvement efforts
- Mentor others on architecture and design skills and concepts
- Participate in test and production deployments
- Strong skills in problem solving, opportunity discovery, and team resolution
- Mix of business and technical skills
- Technical depth & breadth
- Critical & creative thinking
- Attention to Detail - Resolve ambiguous complexity into actionable details
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to Detail
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- 10+ years developing software using relevant languages and Microsoft technologies
- 3+ years architecting enterprise scale system solutions using .NET, C#, WCF, SOAP, REST, Visual Studio
- Experience with XAML, XML, and LINQ
- Azure experience
- 6+ years doing professional design and implementation of small- to large-sized database applications & ETLs
- Understanding of core relational database concepts such as normalization, relational integrity, & transaction management
- Ability to work with external clients and line of business application users
- Ability to work in large and small project teams in equally effective ways
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work effectively with limited supervision
- Strong experience with traditional and agile software development life cycles.
- Experience designing and developing Windows 8 and mobile applications
- Experience with Visual Studios Teamwork Foundation Services
- Experience working with high data volume systems
- Experience designing & developing business-to-business data exchange processes
- Microsoft work experience very helpful
Interested in this role? We would love to talk with you. Please apply here