Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Duration: 6+ Months Contract to Hire
This is a high level III/low level IV .Net Developer role
Local job in St Petersburg for developing and maintaining FICO Fraud Engine side applications. Existing applications and infrastructure is already available/active. Will involve some new development to make modifications and create new solutions for the existing applications. Contractor will support multiple applications, however, they are small in size involving only a few hundred lines of code.
- Proficient with C# and ASP.Net
- Proficient developing SQL Queries
- Must know Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Experience with Zena task scheduler is a plus
- Exposure to Oracle 11g RAC clustering is a plus
- Financial background is a plus
The manager is willing to consider non-local candidates, however, they must be willing to relocate at their own expense. There is some flexibility with rate, however, please stay as competitive as possible.
Please Note: This position requires a credit check
Interview process will be via phone.
Job Description: JOB SUMMARY:
Works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
• Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
• Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas