Technical Management Consultant
New York Metro Area
The Pariveda Opportunity: As a Pariveda Manager, you will be charged with the mission of leading small project teams to deliver solutions to our customers:
- On application development projects, you will be the manager of your team and the primary contact with the client. In this role, you will be responsible for writing and reviewing code, architecting solutions, project estimating, work planning, issues management, risk management and change control.
- On IT strategy or process projects, you may be a member of a team with more senior Pariveda consultants. You will work with many technologies and work as an IT visionary for the client.
- Manage custom application development and IT strategy projects.
- Take an internal leadership role in one or more areas to grow our company and to coach, mentor and review our junior employees.
- Lead and develop some of the sharpest developers to improve your technical and consulting skills.
- You will work mostly with local clients as a part of our geographic model, minimizing travel requirements
This is an exciting opportunity to help build our fast growing national practice, your career, as well as the careers of others.
A strong predictor of success for a Pariveda Manager will be your ability:
- To pick up new technologies quickly
- To successfully guide software development projects using the Agile methodology
- To mentor junior level talent
- To manage client relationships
The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving problems, always looking for breakthrough ideas, able to work on teams, and have an interest in helping others within our company and the community. A passion for technology and an interest in remaining hands on are vital for success in this role.
Desired Skills & Experience
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Five to ten years of consulting or related experience
- Significant and recent development experience and expertise in Java / J2EE and Open Source technologies or Reverse Engineering
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other Pariveda software developers
- Experience architecting technical solutions for complex problems
- Current experience presenting technical solutions to business and technical audiences
- Current project and program leadership in small teams and across an organization
- Experience with the following:
- Leading code reviews
- Creating project and program schedules
- Creating project artifacts including plans, charters and communication plans
- SCRUM Master and working within an Agile process a plus
- Converting Business Requirements into Functional Designs and Wireframes
- Managing teams on custom application or business intelligence projects
- Managing clients or customers
- Experience across all phases of the SDLC and Agile Software Development practices
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or Comparable major
- Legally authorized to work for any company in the United States without sponsorship
We are a technology consulting company that grows and deploys talented people to solve the technical and strategic challenges of our clients. We deliver both strategic consulting services and technical solutions, especially those “at the edge,” where systems interface with people and with other systems. We work with our clients to select the right approach - developing a custom application, creating a business systems plan, leveraging a platform like SharePoint, or whatever the situation calls for – and to implement it quickly and effectively. Our focus is simple. Start with the right people, deliver consistent value and partner with our customers.