GlobalNet Services, Inc. (GNSI) is an award winning Information Technology firm that is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager. The Technical Project Manager will have the ability to identify, coordinate and integrate the activities of multi-disciplined teams. Responsibilities will include program development, budgeting, planning and design, scheduling, conflict resolution, contract adherence, risk management, and full life cycle project execution within budget and schedule. The Technical Project Manager will assist management in the development and implementation of project management industry best practices within the organization. The Technical Project Manager has the primary responsibility for client satisfaction, schedule & budget adherence, and providing oversight to assure project success. The Technical Project Manager will present an out-going, confident, polished demeanor. Must be an excellent communicator, written and verbally.
- Responsible for managing the complete lifecycle of the project.
- Analyze contract requirements and develop project-specific deliverables to enable successful program implementation.
- Establish project scope, requirements definition, and solutions architecture to create the Statement of Work.
- Analyze and resolve complex technical, commercial and operational issues to provide high quality services, enhance customer and supplier relations, and increase/maintain profit margin.
- Analyze needs and develop customer satisfaction improvements to address customer needs for support, high quality and efficiency to provide quick turnaround and maintain performance.
- Develop a resource plan, which contains buy-in from multiple groups to align appropriate/qualified talent to support program activities to successfully complete the project.
- Evaluate, develop and lead business growth opportunities such as up-sales, increase in scope, technological advancements, etc.
- Coach and mentor technical and project team members on effective project management practices and techniques.
- Perform program completion assessment including customer feedback, lessons learned and financial/performance review.
- Object-oriented software development using Java/J2EE for web-based applications
- Agile/scrum background (scrum master preferred)
- Management of enterprise-wide applications
- Experience in operations and maintenance including management of multiple releases, 24x7 oncall support, and helpdesk tier 3 support
- Ability to own and direct complex initiatives in a government contract environment
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, decision-making and planning skills, and the ability to manage in a highly diversified, changing environment enforcing shared responsibility for outcomes
- Expertise in rapidly establishing rapport with the client and developing effective business relationships
- Possesses an in-depth understanding and the ability to implement formal software development lifecycle methodologies
- Strong implementation skills and milestone project management track record
- Proven capability to work closely with stakeholders to manage client expectations, control budgets, and review priorities
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills, consensus building skills, team development and coaching skills, and personal leadership characteristics
- Promotes project management best practices in the organization
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 5 years technical project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP/PMI) certification a plus
- Government contract experience a plus
- Experience in managing multi-phased IT or custom software development projects
Working at GNSI:
We offer our employees comprehensive benefits that respond to their growing needs.
Some of our benefits include:
- Medical Benefits (HMO, POS, PPO)
- Connect Your Care Credit Card (to pay for deductible)
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical/Dental/Vision and Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Roth 401(k)
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Weekly Fresh Fruit
And much more. Please click on the following link for a full list of benefits.
We believe it is equally important to maintain a work environment that encourages fun!
Some recent company sponsored events:
- Wii Competitions (bowling, tennis, and golf)
- Foosball Competition
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations
- Company Picnics
- Company Holiday Celebrations
At GNSI, our people are our most important competitive advantage. We know that our highly skilled work force is vital to our present and future success.
GNSI’s commitment to diversity permeates our entire organization, which encourage us to show respect for, and appreciate the value of, all individuals and their unique backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas. The diversity of our people has been and will continue to be one of the keys to GNSI’s success.
Local applicants please (relocation expenses are not included). No faxes or calls. Please upload resume as a Word file or PDF. Other formats will not be reviewed or considered. Thank you!
GlobalNet Services, Inc. (GNSI), a dynamic Information Technology company located in Rockville, MD. The City of Rockville has been named among the Top 100 Best Places to Live, ranking No. 31 in the August 2010 edition of Money Magazine. Rockville was chosen as one of America's best small cities for families because of its recently rebuilt downtown, economic stability and great schools. In addition to the Money Magazine designation, Rockville also was selected as an Editors Pick in U.S. News and World Report, which recently released its America's Best Places 2010 list. The City of Rockville is a 13-square-mile city with a population of about 61,000 and is located 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.