We are currently looking for a Production Support Specialist to join one of our clients, a leading investment bank.
You will be part of the Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS) Production Services team that aims to provide an end to end support service for all MBS applications & users globally, both for Business and IT teams.
As Production Support Specialist, you'll provide Level 1 and Level 2 support for medium-scale distributed systems in all aspects of their life cycle. You will contribute to the on-going tasks related to maintaining environments in the investment bank.
The Production Support Specialist is focused on relevant application environments and provides support as needed, including break-fix and basic problem/root-cause analysis. Operational procedures (change control, infrastructure components support, etc) are also part of the responsibilities.
- UNIX Technologies and Tools: Linux, Unix performance monitoring and tuning
- Computing Technology and Tools: Platform Symphony, Platform LSF
- Database Technologies and Tools: Oracle database, PS/SQL
- Windows Technologies and Tools: Active Directory,
- Web Technologies and Tools: HTTP, XML, SOAP, Web Services
- Virtualization and Hypervisor Technologies and Tools: VMWare ESX, Xen
- ITIL Awareness
- J2EE Technology and Tools: Servlets, JSPs, Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Caucho Resin, JVM performance tuning
- Development Languages and Tools: C++, Java, .NET, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, Hudson
- Performance and Monitoring Technology and Tools: Ganglia, OpTier CoreFirst, Splunk, Geneos
- Data /Caching Technology and Tools: Oracle Coherence, Memcached, Hadoop
- Proven experience in Application Support in large corporate environments
- Temperament to work under pressure in a fast moving and demanding environment
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communicator in person and in virtual teams/geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to obtain results through influence
- Proven track record of picking up new technical skills
- Needs to be an Agent of Change driving the strategy for the team
- Team player and self motivated
- Flexibility regarding production support, including weekend and off‐hours work
Hatstand is a global financial services consultancy, with offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Geneva. For more details, please visit to www.hatstand.com.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.