Remilon is a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. We own and operate EducationPortal.com, which is the destination for millions of students to improve their grades and earn college credit. Education Portal offers self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in high school and junior college. Our team has built these courses from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we post record profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
- Design, develop and deploy high-volume scalable Java web apps
- Create algorithms to analyze TBs of data to enhance user experience
- Help refine our ROI and ad matching algorithms to maximize profitability
- Participate in system design, architecture decisions and code reviews
- Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment
- Find simple, robust solutions to complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of Java 1.5+ (generics, autoboxing etc.)
- Understanding of object oriented design, design patterns, data structures and multithreaded algorithms
- Background in relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux
- Experience with XML technologies: XPATH, DOM, SAX, XSD
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related from a Top Tier University
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- Experience with Spring and ORM solutions like Hibernate
- Paired programming and agile development experience
- Experience with EHCache, Terracotta, Maven or Ant build scripts
- Use of Confluence or other Wiki for documentation and specifications
- JUnit framework, JMeter, HtmlUnit or other testing frameworks
- Mastery of IntelliJ and/or Eclipse IDE
- Exposure to online marketing, search engine optimization and lead generation
Why work for Remilon?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 4.5+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive salary and compensation plans
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym membership
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments