Infrastructure support for the computers attached to laboratory instruments
The primary objectives are:
- Perform primary role of Desktop Support Engineer for the team.
- Provide technical L1, L2 & L3 hardware and software support for end users.
- Enforce and deploy Corporate Technology standards, policies and procedures.
- Manage end-user requests.
- Assist with all new technology deployments.
- Routine day to day support activities for the workstation deployed in the laboratories. .
- Support includes qualification/validation, inventory, hardware, software, patching, support of software.
- Providing support activities of incident (trouble ticket (TT)), problem and change (change request (CR)) management using defined, ITIL based processes for all Instrument Controllers
- Knowledge & Experience with Microsoft OS and related technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of IT hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge on network troubleshooting
- Knowledge & Experience with Windows XP , Windows 7 OS and MS-Office applications suite.
- Knowledge with Altiris Patching, Active directory, Antivirus tools etc.
- Proficient with imaging and creating images.
- Experience in Windows 7 deployment.
- Should have experience participating or leading a migration from XP to Windows 7.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Understand customer service and service delivery.
- Understanding of ITIL processes and Remedy Tool.