Specify which shift you desire to work.
We are seeking motivated Technical Support Engineers who are seeking a career with one of Fortune Magazine’s 2012 “Top Ten Best Companies to Work For.”
The company operation is a 7x24 so there are three different shifts available.
Day – 7 AM – 4 PM OR 9 AM - 7 PM
Afternoon - 3 PM – 12 AM
Night - 11 PM – 8 AM
Weekend shifts are available for Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12 hours per day either day or night. Work 36 hours per week and get paid for 39 hours. Off Monday through Thursday.
As a Technical Support Engineer you provide support for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing software and hardware issues. You will troubleshoot protocols running on storage hardware to assist customer with problem isolation and resolution. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges. 7+ years of experience in either UNIX or Windows (Exchange, Active Directory) networking administration or technical support is required. These positions are at a storage company in the RTP and they desire skills such as worked as storage admin managing large storage networks, SAN (storage area networks), Networking protocols (such as CIFS, NFS, Fibrechannel, iSCSI), NAS, VMware, Active Directory, Exchange. Candidates should have good experience with performance of storage area networks and capacity planning. These are 6-9 month temp – perm positions paying from $40.74/hr. to $51.85/hr. depending on the bill rate posted for the position at the company in the RTP, NC. Excellent communications are required since employee will be interfacing and supporting top Enterprise customers. Paid training is provided. They expect new hires to get up to full speed within 6 – 9 months.
- Resolve problems via the telephone, the web or Autosupport.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Engineering team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Begin to focus on an area of technical specialization and attend classes, complete lab projects, read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
- EXCELLENT TROUBLESHOOTING SKILLS
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Basic understanding of some of the following protocols and applications, must have at least 1 or more areas of expertise:
- Filer or storage technologies
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows remote file sharing protocol
- MicroSoft Exchange and/or Veritas software.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Creative approach to problem solving.